Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is at idle what is the normal boost pressure, when looking at the indicator in the car. My wife has a 2008 Saturn Sky with turbo. At idle it reads 0 psi. I don't think that is normal. This car is my wife's and I don't drive it. If any one can help thank you. All I ask is go out to your car start it and scroll through to the boost pressure and read when at idle and then rev it up and see where it go's to. Thanks for any help Gator.

·
Super Moderator
5,893 Posts
My question is at idle what is the normal boost pressure, when looking at the indicator in the car. My wife has a 2008 Saturn Sky with turbo. At idle it reads 0 psi. I don't think that is normal. This car is my wife's and I don't drive it. If any one can help thank you. All I ask is go out to your car start it and scroll through to the boost pressure and read when at idle and then rev it up and see where it go's to. Thanks for any help Gator.
As noted, the boost at idle is zero, and revving the engine will not register boost either.

To see boost you will have to put the engine under load while driving, and the more load it is under the more boost you will see.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
^ What he said.

And just to add, when you decelerate you will see negative pressure (not sure if the DIC shows -ve though... but I can see -ve on my boost gauge).

Don't forget the boost readings show RELATIVE pressure to normal atmospheric. So 0 isn't really 0, it's actually means ~14.7 PSI, and negative isn't negative, it's just something between 0 and 14.7.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I’ve noticed with mine on a few occasions right after startup the DIC reads 1 psi at idle for a brief instance between stabilizing at 0. Is this normal?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts