Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, this is David Borla from Borla Performance in Oxnard, California. We are in the process of developing our aftermarket exhaust application(s) for the Sky and we are looking for an owner in the Oxnard area who can help us by loaning us their vehicle and offering some insight as to what sound levels, tip styles etc. Sky owners are looking for.

You will receive a free Borla exhaust for your Sky in return for your assistance and, after 30 years of experience I can assure you that we will treat your vehicle with the utmost care and respect while it is in our possession.

If you are interested in taking part in this project please send me a Private message at: link to send PM to david borla

Thanks

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Does this mean that Borla is or will soon be one of our sponsors?:confused:

If so, great, you guys make an excellent exhaust system. However, if I can ask one thing, please try to give the Sky a nice deep mellow exhaust sound, and not the typical high pitch tinny braappp normally associate with a 4 banger.:eek:

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
TexSon said:

If so, great, you guys make an excellent exhaust system. However, if I can ask one thing, please try to give the Sky a nice deep mellow exhaust sound, and not the typical high pitch tinny braappp normally associate with a 4 banger.:eek:

Thanks!
We permit development posting/interest gaging, but once that is done a company must become a Supporter prior to selling through the forums or promoting themselves.

·
Registered
453 Posts
TexSon said:

Thanks!
I agree, sure would like the sound of a deep mellow exhaust. I was just telling my fiance I wish it was better sounding.
T.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Looks like my Baby is the one...

My car is being picked up on Tuesday for a two-week vacation to Borla-Land. I am going to send along the OEM CAI for them to install, and as of this point they are planning to get scores on the dynamometer for the Baby in stock configuration, with the new Borla exhaust alone, and then with the Borla exhaust AND the CAI combination.

David Borla has promised to send me photos and stuff as the process goes on, and I'll do my best to post those on the forum here as the come in - along with the graphs from the dynamometers.

More to follow...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
They just picked it up yesterday...

Original plan was 7 to 10 business days, so they're probably going to look at it and engineer it for at least the first 5 of those, I would guess. Early next week we should have some numbers.

Once I get 'em, they'll go straight up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts