Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a clue where the Amp and Sub-woofer for this system will be located? Space it tight enought as it is, so where is this stuff going to go?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good question. I've been wondering the same.

To be honest, I didn't even know it was a Bose system. I don't care much for Bose speakers, but if I can't fit a bass tube in the trunk, I might not have any other choice but to get the stock upgraded system.

I'm sure the sub would be mounted behind the seat, facing the seat, and if that's the case.. i'd just swap it out for a better sub. I am curious too though about the specs for the stereo.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am sorry, It is the Monsoon sound system... My CRS was acting up .... But it is the Monsoon system not Bose, sorry for the mstake..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am the manager at a crcuit city roadshop iv worked on a million or so gms with the monsoon system and they usually mount the amp right next to the sub or in the trunk but there is no room in either spot so i would guess that they would mount it behind the drivers seat

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yup, it's definately a Monsoon setup. I just looked at the Sky brochure the dealer gave me, and it says..

"Available six-disc, in-dash CD/MP3 player with seven-speaker Monsoon audio system"

I've personally never heard a Monsoon setup in person. Do they sound nice?. What generally is the power running to the speakers and the sub?.

I'm used to aftermarket systems, but if the Monsoon is decent, I might just get that instead of replacing everything.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Monsoon systems are great, they deliver good bass and a above average sound quality. I've heard them in other fair that they are offered in like the VW's. My thing with this is that seven speakers (6 if we dismiss the obvious placement for the sub) have a limited number of spots they can go. I count only 4 (1 on each door, 1 on each A pillar). I wonder where they other two are hiding.

Also, with regards to where the amp for the sub will be. I wouldn't put too much stock on historical placement of amps in GM's and Saturns, this is a new design philosophy and if they are looking to make this a "near-luxury" brand, it would be my guess they attempt to hide it somewhere.

Sky_vue

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
At the SF we have several members who have seen the other 2 speakers. They're along the rounded edge of the back side the the left and right of the seats. I wouldn't be suprised if the amp was under the passenger seat, that's where it is in my ZX2,and it's very close to the amp too.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
brentil said:
If you go up 6 posts from yours you'll find I posted that image already. :D
Oops, Sorry, I remember clicking on it but that time it didn't come up I got one of these aweful page not found screens... I do apologize for the double post though...

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Has anyone actually seen the panel behind the passenger seat opened?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts