Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Redline
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an old thread and a couple of mentions regarding brake vent tubes rubbing on tires (Brake Vent Tube Fitting) and it seems I'm experiencing similar issues - I'm adding a photo to ask if this looks like the proper depth of penetration into the wheel well for a '07 RL in comparison to others before I trim them a bit to eliminate the rubbing noise.
Stock rims, new tires but stock size 245/45ZR18
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
You should not need to trim them. What has probably happened is that they've slid off the fitting on the bumper at the front and simply got pushed backward. You might be able to push them back in, though you may need to fiddle to get them lined up correctly at the front.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently ran into a similar problem after replacing the wheel well liner. The tube has a rectangular end that fits over the duct in the bumper and it seems to fit a little loosely when it's on right. When I reattached mine, I did not have the tube fitted correctly and had the rubbing problem. I wiggled the tube around using a fair amount of force and it was obvious when it sort of clicked in place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts