Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could this be true where i ordered my redline i was told that he was 90% sure no automatic for the redline. He just got back
from a sales reps meeting and the saturn reps said no auto for the car.
THIS SUCKS SINCE NOW I WILL HAVE TO BUY THE STD SKY AND I REALLY WANTED THE REDLINE.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could this be true never really looked into buying a turbo before. Do automatic and turbo not mixed? I hope someone can tell me different__ has anybody ordered a auto with the redline model ?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But i was at a pontiac dealer today looking at a red sol car that just came in__ and they said thay had no informations on the GXP. So how could the saturn sales mgt be so sure that the redline would not have the auto as a opitions on the redline. (im confused)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
hayabusa said:
But i was at a pontiac dealer today looking at a red sol car that just came in__ and they said thay had no informations on the GXP. So how could the saturn sales mgt be so sure that the redline would not have the auto as a opitions on the redline. (im confused)
That's interesting that the Pontiac dealer you visited today said that they didn't have any info on the GXP...considering that dealers can already start entering prelim orders for the GXP. Go to the Sol forum and you'll encounter many who have already had their GXP orders entered (though not allocated)into the ordering system...some with automatics.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
hayabusa said:
Could this be true where i ordered my redline i was told that he was 90% sure no automatic for the redline. He just got back
from a sales reps meeting and the saturn reps said no auto for the car.
THIS SUCKS SINCE NOW I WILL HAVE TO BUY THE STD SKY AND I REALLY WANTED THE REDLINE.
There will be an Automatic for the RedLine... LOOK HERE

Sometime I'm amazed as to how oblivious some dealers are to the FACTS!!! Shame on them. :banghead:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i think most dealers can do prelim orders but they just order what you want but i am not sure they have prices or what options are available. they just order what they want hope there picked up. do you know anybody who knows if the sol would be offered in the auto because then the sky should be also i would think.

·
Registered
75 Posts
SKY Spy said:
There will be an Automatic for the RedLine... LOOK HERE

Sometime I'm amazed as to how oblivious some dealers are to the FACTS!!! Shame on them. :banghead:

Regards,

Thank you for being such a good source for us neophites......

·
Registered
745 Posts
Sky Spy once again comes through

When rumors start it is nice to have you online, my GM was talking with Saturn on ordering my Redline and he called me to make sure of the options before he went forward and Auto was one of the options.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and being so set on the redline with the auto i would of passed on the sky. can anybody tell me what that says.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey eye what options where extra and does the car come with leather. and are there wheel options or does the redline have its own wheel is chrome stock.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
hayabusa said:
and being so set on the redline with the auto i would of passed on the sky. can anybody tell me what that says.
Sorry the cut & paste I did came out like this...you'll see it highlighted in RED:

Mechanical•2.0L 16V I4 turbocharged Ecotecengine w/ VVT•260 horsepower with 260 lb.-ft. of torque•Aisin 5-speed manual transmission•Limited slip differential•Front engine, rear-wheel drive•4-wheel independent SLA suspension•Performance suspension tuning•Bilsteincoil-over monotubeshocks•Four-wheel disc brakes with ABS•StabilitrakElectronic Stability Control•Hydraulic power assistedrack and pinion steering•Near 50/50 weight distributionExterior•Projector-beam headlamps and fog lamps•Blackout headlamp inner bezel finish•Specific front lower grille/foglamptreatment•Fully-stowable, cloth convertible top•Glass rear window w/defogger•18-inch polished aluminum alloy wheels•P245/45R18 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS2 performance tires•Accent colored fender vents (except Silver Pearl exterior)•Dual polished aluminum exhaust outlets•Clear lens LED rear center stop lampInterior/Comfort & Convenience•Air conditioning•Power locks w/RKE, windows & mirrors•Cruise control•Adjustable steering column•Leather wrapped steering wheel w/ audio controls.•AM/FM CD with 6 speakers•Chrome-finish and piano-black interior accents•Stainless steel pedal covers & metallic sill plates•Leather wrapped shift knob (manual trans only)•Red Line seatback embroidery (leather seating only)•Cargo Volume:-Luggage Load with Top Up: 5.4 cu. ft.-Luggage Load with Top Down: 2.0 cu. ft.Safety and Security•OnStar with one yearSafe and Sound service plan•Dual-stage driver and passengerfront air bags•Passenger Sensing System•Safety belts with pretensioners & energy absorbing retractors•Side impact door beams•Automatic headlamps withDaytime Running Lamps•Passkey III+ engine immobilizersecurity system•Black Onyx•Bluestone•Chili Pepper Red•Forest Green•Midnight Blue•Polar White•Silver Graphite•Silver Pearl•Sunburst YellowStand-Alone Options•Leather seat inserts (black, tan & red)•5-speed automatic transmission•18 inch Chrome Aluminum Alloy Wheels•Rear decklidspoiler•AM/FM CD w/MP3 and 225W premium7 speaker Monsoon Audio•AM/FM 6 CD w/MP3 and 225W premium7 speaker Monsoon Audio•XM Satellite Radio(Estimated)Curb Weight2990 lbs.Length161.1 in.Wheelbase95.1 in.Front track 60.7 in.Rear track61.4 in.Width71.4 in.Height50.1 in.Headroom38.4Shoulder room52.7Hip room50.6WEIGHT/DIMENSIONSEXTERIOR COLORSOPTIONSSKY RED LINE STANDARD FEATURES

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks you guys saved the day__i just heard the news 90
mins ago and already over 100 replys. I WAS HOPING THIS SALES MGT WAS WRONG.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Here is after I transferred all the data to a word document...

SKY REDLINE STANDARD FEATURES

Mechanical
•2.0L 16V I4 turbocharged Ecotec engine w/ VVT
•260 horsepower with 260 lb.-ft. of torque
•Aisin 5-speed manual transmission
•Limited slip differential
•Front engine, rear-wheel drive
•4-wheel independent SLA suspension
•Performance suspension tuning
•Bilstein coil-over monotube shocks
•Four-wheel disc brakes with ABS
•Stabilitrak Electronic Stability Control
•Hydraulic power assisted rack and pinion steering
•Near 50/50 weight distribution

Exterior
•Projector-beam headlamps and fog lamps
•Blackout headlamp inner bezel finish
•Specific front lower grille/fog lamp treatment
•Fully-stowable, cloth convertible top
•Glass rear window w/defogger
•18-inch polished aluminum alloy wheels
•P245/45R18 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS2 performance tires
•Accent colored fender vents (except Silver Pearl exterior)
•Dual polished aluminum exhaust outlets
•Clear lens LED rear center stop lamp

Interior/Comfort & Convenience•Air conditioning
•Power locks w/RKE, windows & mirrors
•Cruise control
•Adjustable steering column
•Leather wrapped steering wheel w/ audio controls.
•AM/FM CD with 6 speakers
•Chrome-finish and piano-black interior accents
•Stainless steel pedal covers & metallic sill plates
•Leather wrapped shift knob (manual trans only)
•Red Line seatback embroidery (leather seating only)
•Cargo Volume:
-Luggage Load with Top Up: 5.4 cu. ft.
-Luggage Load with Top Down: 2.0 cu. ft.

Safety and Security
•OnStar with one year Safe and Sound service plan
•Dual-stage driver and passenger front air bags
•Passenger Sensing System
•Safety belts with pre-tensioners & energy absorbing retractors
•Side impact door beams
•Automatic headlamps with Daytime Running Lamps
•Passkey III+ engine immobilizer security system

Stand-Alone Options
•Leather seat inserts (black, tan & red)
5-speed automatic transmission
•18 inch Chrome Aluminum Alloy Wheels
•Rear decklid spoiler
•AM/FM CD w/MP3 and 225W premium7 speaker Monsoon Audio
•AM/FM 6 CD w/MP3 and 225W premium7 speaker Monsoon Audio
•XM Satellite Radio

Exterior Colors
•Black Onyx
•Bluestone
•Chili Pepper Red
•Forest Green
•Midnight Blue
•Polar White
•Silver Graphite
•Silver Pearl
•Sunburst Yellow

Weight / Dimensions
Curb Weight: 2990 lbs.
Length: 161.1 in.
Wheelbase: 95.1 in.
Front track: 60.7 in.
Rear track: 61.4 in.
Width: 71.4 in.
Height: 50.1 in.
Headroom: 38.4 in.
Shoulder room: 52.7 in.
Hip room: 50.6 in.
There you go!!! :cheers: :thumbs: :cheers:

Regards,

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Huh?

You own a huyabusa, the fastest production motorcycle.
You want the high output turbo version Sky.
You want an automatic???!:willy:

·
Registered
42 Posts
An automatic might be ok if it had the manual shift mode with it, and there was no transmission hesitation, but this is just speculation of course.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes i had the 99 hayabusa 1300 suzuki top speed 196 mph now all motorcycles are limited to only 186 since 2000 the hayabusa was the best motorcycle i ever owned and i had a few. Sold the bike in 2001. Wonder why that sales mgt told me tonight no auto. He did have a red sky coming in just like the redline i was ordering do you think he just wanted to sell me a car from ordered stock.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts