Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else broken the console cup holder.
:banghead:

·
Registered
68 Posts
At the dealer, there cup holder was broken. I went back the next week and it was fixed.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
PieintheSky said:
Has anyone else broken the console cup holder.
:banghead:
No, sorry to hear that. Im sure it is covered under the warrenty.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I went nuts for a few days cause it wouldn't close!! Then I go to visit my local dealer who told me they were closing :mad: and go visit the next one.:willy:

I figured I'd give it ONE more try and squeezed the circular part closed, and that's what did it. THEN it didn't want to lock closed. After a few tries it finally did. I'll hold my gatorade between my legs for now, thank you.

When I finally have to visit the dealer, I'll have it looked at. Hate to lose the car over a cup holder this time of year!!!

BTW.... I'm Dan from Sayville, NY (home of the winner from last spring's Survivor, Tom Westman) I've also been lurking here forever. Having no patience to wait, I picked up mine on ebay, which stared as a total goof, figuring the reserve was too high, I'll bid for the fun of it!! How would I know he'd lower the reserve 3 times!!

I've been reading everyone's posts since last football season when I first saw a commercail for the Sky. Love at first sight!!!:D

How many others are here on LI???:cheers:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yup both the one on the passenger side AND the center rear cup holders. :confused:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
tiger20005 said:
Yup both the one on the passenger side AND the center rear cup holders. :confused:
What were you doing man? 40s dont fit in those little things!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Broken cup holder? That seems to happen quit a bit. Seems to be one of the minor problems.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
rick112 said:
Broken cup holder? That seems to happen quit a bit. Seems to be one of the minor problems.
When you get yours (and you will) you will laugh at the term "Cup Holder". It is a thin piece of plastic whith a hole in it.
The first night I had my car I sat in the garage programming the radio stations (36 of them fit BTW) and put a bottle of beer in the "CH"..... It was at its limits of strength to hold it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hahaha Jon I am cracking up! Yeah those things aren't made the best for sure. My friend was trying to use the one on the passenger side one evening to put his soda and he couldn't see how to open it and I told him there was a piece you push on and it pops out, well he proceeded in pushing the other side of it and pushing it in (mind you how hard can you really push on them, but it still broke).

The one that we all thibk of as elbow cancer (bc the darn thing pops out a hundred times before you gte used to hitting it with your elbow) somehow is not necessarily broken partwise but now when I try to actually use it I push in on it and it comes out about a minute later. Seems like it has like sticky soda in it, but I have never spilled anything in my car so I am not sure what it could be!

·
Super Moderator
11,439 Posts
I must have better luck than all of you. I find the passenger side cupholder fairly useful. There have been a couple of things that won't fit but that's about it.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Robotech said:
I must have better luck than all of you. I find the passenger side cupholder fairly useful. There have been a couple of things that won't fit but that's about it.
Oh VERY useful -- just not well made.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Kiss This Sky said:
I went nuts for a few days cause it wouldn't close!! Then I go to visit my local dealer who told me they were closing :mad: and go visit the next one.:willy:
lol... Hempstead??? Yeah, I think they are done in July. Now, from what I heard, there will be no retailers in Suffolk County and only one in Nassau... I wonder if they will still have those seperate service facilities throughout L.I.

Back to topic... I don't have my SKY yet... can't answer the cup holder questions. :rolleyes:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
...put a bottle of beer in the "CH"..... It was at its limits of strength to hold it.
I'm sure that GM will be pleased to hear that the Cup Holder is adequate for holding an open beer...

I noticed that you said that you had the beer there when the car was "in the garage" and you were just "programming the radio."

Yeah. Right.

"No sir, ossifer. I weren't drinkin' that beer AT ALL. I was jush progrgrammamming the raydideo. Honesht."

:D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
jdigiant said:
I'm sure that GM will be pleased to hear that the Cup Holder is adequate for holding an open beer...

I noticed that you said that you had the beer there when the car was "in the garage" and you were just "programming the radio."

Yeah. Right.

"No sir, ossifer. I weren't drinkin' that beer AT ALL. I was jush progrgrammamming the raydideo. Honesht."

:D
:thumbs:

I don't think the holder would have survived a bump in the street.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'm sure my wife will be putting her Tim Hortins Coffee in it and spilling it all over another car.:banghead:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am going to tape mine shut...when I GET my car that is. We took
a Sky for a testdrive and my husband's knee kept popping the cup holder open.

We went back to test drive two weeks later and the cup holder on the dealer model had already broken!

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Aftermarket

Looks like an opportunity for an aftermarket replacement product.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts