Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told yesterday by my new car manager that my car will be shipped all the way to Az by train (we have a big rail yard here) then off loaded onto a car hauler to be brought the last 15 miles? Anyone know if this is true? Thanks :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
agirltrucker said:
I was told yesterday by my new car manager that my car will be shipped all the way to Az by train (we have a big rail yard here) then off loaded onto a car hauler to be brought the last 15 miles? Anyone know if this is true? Thanks :thumbs:
yep, they are trucked to the rail station, onloaded onto train, brought to a railstation near you, put back on truck, taken to your dealer.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, thats great news. I would imagine it would be here fairly soon then.. Thanks for the response......:thumbs: Trains are much faster than trucks... (opps did I say that outloud? Sorry fellow truckers :lol: )

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Wow, thats great news. I would imagine it would be here fairly soon then.. Thanks for the response......:thumbs: Trains are much faster than trucks... (opps did I say that outloud? Sorry fellow truckers :lol: )
If the codes are up to date, then it should take 2-3 weeks ship time from code 4200 - vehicle shipped.

At least, thats what it seems to take to get to texas from others on the forum. I know thats how long it takes to get to Cali. 2 cars have arrived, one took 18 and the other 20 days. From code 4200

That train is fast? 20 days to get to cali doesn't seem fast. I'm sure they have multiple stops in between and thats what slows it down.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure about 20 days by train? But who am I to say. Dealer advised me that mine and another one they are expecting were already loaded and on there way. Only time will tell...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I bet if you were driving it would be faster than train!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Not sure about 20 days by train? But who am I to say. Dealer advised me that mine and another one they are expecting were already loaded and on there way. Only time will tell...
:lol: :lol: Apparently you have not read my posts on Train Shipping.
We order the bulk of our raw materials by tank car. They come from TX and LA. They take 3-4 weeks (thi sis after they leave the yard down south) to get to the SW suburbs of Chicago -- The CENTER of rail traffic in the country!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
skywulf said:
I bet if you were driving it would be faster than train!
:thumbs: You know it baby....:D

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
:lol: :lol: Apparently you have not read my posts on Train Shipping.
We order the bulk of our raw materials by tank car. They come from TX and LA. They take 3-4 weeks (thi sis after they leave the yard down south) to get to the SW suburbs of Chicago -- The CENTER of rail traffic in the country!
No I didnt. But now Im confused. My dealer told me that another car that is also being shipped with mine keeps moving from bayed to shipped then back. :willy: Now Im :banghead:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Could be that it is in a depot awaiting the build up for the train heading your way. Could be close by awaiting delivery to dealer. I really believe mine sat close buy for a couple of days awaiting a carrier because my dealer was close to the depot. They like to haul the longer distances first as I understand it, more money for the drivers. BTW, just how the heck are you girl?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im fine baby, been working my a** off. And lord knows I need that. Im just going ansy waiting for my baby. Dealer got my invoice & paided for it last Wends. He called me yesterday cause they got the window sticker in for my car, he knew I wound't want it on my car so he gave it to me. Im soooo dang confused, invoice and window sticker here, but no car...:banghead:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Im fine baby, been working my a** off. And lord knows I need that. Im just going ansy waiting for my baby. Dealer got my invoice & paided for it last Wends. He called me yesterday cause they got the window sticker in for my car, he knew I wound't want it on my car so he gave it to me. Im soooo dang confused, invoice and window sticker here, but no car...:banghead:
whats there to be confused about? stop listening to your dealer and listen to people here on the forum. code 4200 is shipped. 4000 or 4b00 is not shipped. just means its "waiting" to ship. :cheers:
now of course, there have been discrepencies,(some have got there cars when code said something else) but in general thats how its supposed to work.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Bayed to shipped and back and forth is an inidcation your car is being moved around prior to shipping.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The train actually goes right by the plant in Wilmington, Delaware. It stops there and loads up. I've been caught in the traffic jam created by the stopped train at the GM plant.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I called my dealer today and he said they had received some "info" that she should be here in a few days. I told him, dont tease me.....:banghead:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I could be teased that way since I haven't even gotten an image yet :lol: :lol: I wonder if you are going to sleep at all over the "next few days" ...It would be great if it got here on the weekend, wouldn't it?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
skywulf said:
I could be teased that way since I haven't even gotten an image yet :lol: :lol: I wonder if you are going to sleep at all over the "next few days" ...It would be great if it got here on the weekend, wouldn't it?
Sleep? Whats that.....:lol: I just keep telling myself not for another week or two, that way Im not going too coo coo....:willy:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Aww, get some sleep. You'll need it so you can be sharp driving your Sky! And the big truck that can runover sky.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
skywulf said:
Aww, get some sleep. You'll need it so you can be sharp driving your Sky! And the big truck that can runover sky.
You got it cookie :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts