Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the ONLY place to report any bugs that we may have overlooked during our testing of the updated site. Please be clear and include all applicable information (ie screenshots, error messages) with your post. If you have any Questions or Comments about the update, you can post them HERE. Thanks for your patience and support!

Nadeem

·
Registered
429 Posts
I got a bug, I got a bug...

I'm running Firefox 5.0, 1280x800 res, Windows Vista. When I first load the main page, the left column takes up about 60% of the page, the center column takes up 40% and I have to scroll over to get the right column.

When I hit F5 it corrects itself and I can see the whole page without scrolling.

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts

I'm running Firefox 5.0, 1280x800 res, Windows Vista. When I first load the main page, the left column takes up about 60% of the page, the center column takes up 40% and I have to scroll over to get the right column.

When I hit F5 it corrects itself and I can see the whole page without scrolling.
Yeah, nevermind, it's loading better now.:D

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I am unable to upload photos to my gallery.

MAC OS 10.5.6
Safari version 3.2.1
File was a 2.3 MB .jpg image

·
Registered
1,013 Posts

Did you try going into the display properties and change the resolution setting to 1280X960?

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Major annoying bug: I'm a premium lifetime member but 1/2 the page is now filled with ads. Is this the new rendition of "less ads" that premium members see, or did someone forget to tone down the ads for those of us who sent you money?

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Yes, this new layout is just bad. Fully 2/3 of the initial screen is ads, nav, oversized site banner and other noise. PLEASE be more respectful of screen real estate. The left column needs to go and the top banner/logo should be much smaller. Readership and contribution on this site is already way, way down from two years ago. The last thing you want to do is irritate those of us who are still here.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Yes, this new layout is just bad. Fully 2/3 of the initial screen is ads, nav, oversized site banner and other noise. PLEASE be more respectful of screen real estate. The left column needs to go and the top banner/logo should be much smaller. Readership and contribution on this site is already way, way down from two years ago. The last thing you want to do is irritate those of us who are still here.
:agree:The left column is sorta odd placed. I agree it should be moved .. I think to go along the bottom of the page. It seems like the threads/posts area is much smaller. SkyBaby

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Major annoying bug: I'm a premium lifetime member but 1/2 the page is now filled with ads. Is this the new rendition of "less ads" that premium members see, or did someone forget to tone down the ads for those of us who sent you money?
Try going into UserCP and selecting "Edit Profile". There are options to disable IntelliTXT Ads and disable the sidebar.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
When doing a search through Active topics either recent topics or last day. about 70% of the time I get the response. "You can only do a search every five seconds. Please try again after five seconds" after about a 20 second wait.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Members List is gone?

Intentional?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Try going into UserCP and selecting "Edit Profile". There are options to disable IntelliTXT Ads and disable the sidebar.
=====================================================

It is a pain to view only 3/4 of the main screen and be forced to slide the bar at the bottom of the screen to continue reading a post. I also support our vendors and like to see their ads .. plus the "site nagigation" is certainly handy. What I suggest is a 'fixed' bottom bar with pop-ups for easy access.

I believe that would be better than totally disabling IntelliTXT Ads and info bar. :agree:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ok... I investigated further and found all the nifty new Lifetime Member controls... got rid of the left column and it LOOKS GREAT.... SkyBaby

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
This is the ONLY place to report any bugs that we may have overlooked during our testing of the updated site. Please be clear and include all applicable information (ie screenshots, error messages) with your post. If you have any Questions or Comments about the update, you can post them HERE. Thanks for your patience and support!

Nadeem
Nadeem, I am still getting this message when I do searches "This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 5 seconds."
Just checking to see if someone is looking into it. It is becoming a pain in the neck.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Nadeem, I am still getting this message when I do searches "This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 5 seconds."
Just checking to see if someone is looking into it. It is becoming a pain in the neck.
While they look into it, seems a good time to remind all that while Vbulletin's search is kinda wimpy, google always works with a "site:www.skyroadster.com" added to the search criteria.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Old "bug". Ok, sort of a feature, but it just did me, so Nadeem, while ya got the techs on the clock....

Drop down menus (active topics) drop BEHIND flash ads.

Yes MB, I get some adds too.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts