Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Members List is gone?

Intentional?
Yea this was a nice feature to find members in the local area.

Would be nice to have it back!!!
Old "bug". Ok, sort of a feature, but it just did me, so Nadeem, while ya got the techs on the clock....

Drop down menus (active topics) drop BEHIND flash ads.

Yes MB, I get some adds too.
I found the link to the members list in the Quick Links Drop down that seems to work fine for me

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
I found the link to the members list in the Quick Links Drop down that seems to work fine for me
At least the Drop Downs work... couldn't get the member list to come up... said no longer avalable

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
When I click on the drop down on members list I get an empty box that tells me no longer available. How am I as a Birthday Greeter on this forum able to tell iffen these members ever logged back on this forum?...Skip...come on put it back up or give me my ****ing money back that I paid for a lifetime membership....Skip...:):D:)

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
When I click on the drop down on members list I get an empty box that tells me no longer available. How am I as a Birthday Greeter on this forum able to tell iffen these members ever logged back on this forum?...Skip...come on put it back up or give me my ****ing money back that I paid for a lifetime membership....Skip...:):D:)
We'll have to see what the admins come up with as they settle out the install. They were concerned with protecting membership from brute force hack attacks through the members list. Seems to be a tradeoff there for security, so we'll have to see if they can re-evaluate or consider something else.

The intent behind this was good, but the security did take some ability away from us. Don't know that this one is etched in stone just yet.

edit: FWIW, I just tried, and I can't access the member list either. :rolleyes: The calender in the quick-links does offer links to the member profile which does show last log in. Just tried that too. Soo many features I'm exploring these days. :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Your right about going to the calendar for my profile looks and last time on, for current status. I sometimes like to go to member stuff just to see total posts from different peoples. Oh hell I just like to bitch...Skip...:):D:)

·
Registered
474 Posts
While they look into it, seems a good time to remind all that while Vbulletin's search is kinda wimpy, google always works with a "site:www.skyroadster.com" added to the search criteria.
Why use that when there is an integrated google search on the front page that will search the site? It works very well - for example if you are looking for 'oil filter' - in the forum search it would tell you that 'oil' is too short and stop your search. Using the google search you can find single posts as well as threads.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Why use that when there is an integrated google search on the front page that will search the site? It works very well - for example if you are looking for 'oil filter' - in the forum search it would tell you that 'oil' is too short and stop your search. Using the google search you can find single posts as well as threads.
'Cause I don't need an oil filter. :D

And I didn't know about it. :lol:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
While they look into it, seems a good time to remind all that while Vbulletin's search is kinda wimpy, google always works with a "site:www.skyroadster.com" added to the search criteria.
What I am talking about is The Active topics pull down menu. Recent topics, Last day, etc. Although I suppose it is possible to use google for that if the right criteria were entered it seems like it's the long way around the horn, So to speak. Vbulletin should not have a problem with this.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Hold my hand and help an Ole fella out here .. please!

Can someone explain how I can block/delete or get rid of the left side bar? I hate sliding the bottom bar with each new screen!

Seeking step by step clearly stated, please.
I went to "User CP" and other headings and looked for a 'delete' option for that left side bar, but did not spot one. :confused::willy::confused:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
920 Posts
Can someone explain how I can block/delete or get rid of the left side bar? I hate sliding the bottom bar with each new screen!

I went to "User CP" and other headings and looked for a 'delete' option for that left side bar, but did not spot one. :confused::willy::confused:
$15 bucks ought to fix it up nice and pretty for you.:)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts

After you go to the user cp... go to edit profile... then go thru the list and click on disable, for the items you want to turn off

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I go to "user CP" then go to "edit profile" I then 'disabled' "IntelliTXT Ads" ... hit apply and hit 'new posts' ...
comes up with left side ad/info stripe still there.
So I go back to "edit profile" and check to see if 'disable' is still marked ... it is! So I 'disable' the "show sidebar on forum pages" and hit apply. Then I hit 'new posts' ...:banghead: left sidebar is still there!

I even checked around other option selections and that darn left sidebar will not go away! :mad::mad::mad:

Help!

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
So I 'disable' the "show sidebar on forum pages" and hit apply. Then I hit 'new posts' ...:banghead: left sidebar is still there!
If you check out the full text:
- The sidebar will only be turned off on the forum threadview pages for non-premium members.
- The sidebar is disabled on all pages if you have a premium membership.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Since I am one of the many 'non-paying' member's ..
I figured I was a ... "non-premium" member! Go figure!

So does that mean, my choice is to either get use to sliding the bar at the base to the right - in order to read someone's thread - with all the other 'non-premium' members or drop out? :mad::willy::mad:

And here I thought by buying our vendors produces, I was indirectly paying for use of this web forum. Shame on me!
========================================================
The sidebar will only be turned off on the forum threadview pages for non-premium members.-

The sidebar is disabled on all pages if you have a premium membership.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
So does that mean, my choice is to either get use to sliding the bar at the base to the right - in order to read someone's thread - with all the other 'non-premium' members or drop out? :mad::willy::mad:
I know exactly what you are talking about...

The options under consideration for me:
1) get used to it (which would be impossible for me)
2) leave (also impossible for me)
3) shell out the $$ and move on

This is the reason I finally gave in and payed for a membership.... I already have my share of little annoyances in my life. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I go to "user CP" then go to "edit profile" I then 'disabled' "IntelliTXT Ads" ... hit apply and hit 'new posts' ...
comes up with left side ad/info stripe still there.
So I go back to "edit profile" and check to see if 'disable' is still marked ... it is! So I 'disable' the "show sidebar on forum pages" and hit apply. Then I hit 'new posts' ...:banghead: left sidebar is still there!

I even checked around other option selections and that darn left sidebar will not go away! :mad::mad::mad:

Help!
If you check out the full text:
- The sidebar will only be turned off on the forum threadview pages for non-premium members.
- The sidebar is disabled on all pages if you have a premium membership.

And here I thought by buying our vendors produces, I was indirectly paying for use of this web forum. Shame on me!
The sidebar will only be turned off on the forum threadview pages for non-premium members.-

Well guys I am not a paying member, I disabled BOTH those items yesterday and initially NOTHING happened, gap was still there. The next day, that left side gap IS gone..:skep: GetAboutRL, leave those 2 items disabled, try first restarting your web browser, Log OFF, restart browser, log back in (what are using? winExploder?) . IF that don't work, leave here, reboot your system then try again, now mind ya the only place you will see the gap gone is by going into a thread like this, the initial page will still have the crap down BOTH sides.. Check out this thread, is where I screen captured and left instructions also what browser we are using.. http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f19/questions-comments-about-update-29169/index2.html#post401856 Start reading from the top of page 2..

·
Registered
474 Posts

GetAbout ... I am a non-prem member. I have selected the "disable" as Spag has posted. The only place I get the left hand ads are when I am replying to a post (such as now, as I am typing this response) or viewing the front page. When I am IN a thread the left hand column is gone.

As far as indirectly supporting this forum by buying vendors' products ... that would be no - you are supporting them.

Options are yours ... the memberships have been reduced to VERY reasonable amounts - especially compared to what many on the Solstice side paid. I guess it all boils down to how you value the community and not so much the "business".

·
Registered
196 Posts
I know it's been said before but, how about setting up another way to pay for a membership other than pay-pal?

I'm ready to get a lifetime membership but I won't if there isn't another way to pay for it. Someone get on this right away. Come on. You know you can. Why are you still reading this? Get on it.

And since when is a lifetime 27 years? I just might live past 80 you know.:)

21 - 40 of 55 Posts