Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Some of us shelled out $100 for the lifetime membership that is now $40. Caveat Emptor, I know, but maybe we can see about turning off all the ads for paid members? Otherwise I'll just continue to rely on a tuned hosts file to block them and deal with the latency that creates.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Loading of the static content seems faster (such as the side bar and advertisements) but the dynamic content (the actual forum) seems slower to me. I load up the static stuff a good 2 seconds before the dynamic content appears, maybe a bottleneck in the SQL database?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Still having the same problem with the active topics, last day or recent topics. Nearly every time I use this I get the same error.
"You can only do a search every five seconds. Please try again after five seconds"

This doesn't happen on the Sol site So I know it's not an issue with my browser.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Still having the same problem with the active topics, last day or recent topics. Nearly every time I use this I get the same error.
"You can only do a search every five seconds. Please try again after five seconds"

This doesn't happen on the Sol site So I know it's not an issue with my browser.
No offense gadget, but I just tested this here w/ my puter and I don't have that problem? I clicked on both of those options one after another and another as fast as I could and no errors ten times over & over trying to get it to fail, it doesn't happen to me :huh:.. As a possible solution, perhaps a good clean out of your puters cache & other things like spy ware might help some.. certainly won't hurt to try :sorry::dunno:

Download this, The home of Spybot-S&D! (it's free) clean out, clean temp folder by right mouse clicking on your hd, properties, disk clean up, (I check off everything) then defrag your hd, reboot and try it again.. Just some suggestions for you to try on your end..

·
Registered
997 Posts
I got a bug, I got a bug...

I'm running Firefox 5.0, 1280x800 res, Windows Vista. When I first load the main page, the left column takes up about 60% of the page, the center column takes up 40% and I have to scroll over to get the right column.

When I hit F5 it corrects itself and I can see the whole page without scrolling.
Having the same issue on a regular basis with Vista, Firefox browser and it doesn't always correct itself when refreshing the window.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
No offense gadget, but I just tested this here w/ my puter and I don't have that problem? I clicked on both of those options one after another and another as fast as I could and no errors ten times over & over trying to get it to fail, it doesn't happen to me :huh:.. As a possible solution, perhaps a good clean out of your puters cache & other things like spy ware might help some.. certainly won't hurt to try :sorry::dunno:

Download this, The home of Spybot-S&D! (it's free) clean out, clean temp folder by right mouse clicking on your hd, properties, disk clean up, (I check off everything) then defrag your hd, reboot and try it again.. Just some suggestions for you to try on your end..
Already dumped my Cache ( no effect) and I keep the beast pretty clean already.I have been running spybot SD for about four years now always keep it updated . No bugs no viruses.
The Solstice forum is running the same PHP and I have no problem there.
It has something to do with the code on this site.
I didn't dump the cookie though just the files. I'll try that.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
It does, but maybe you've been lucky. It happens to me sometimes on each forum and we're not alone.

From sf.com:

About half the time when I click on ACTIVE TOPICS...and then select "My Recent" I get a response that says :Sorry no matches..try another search"

yet when i do it the next time I get right to my recent topics

QAnybody else get this...and why?
This is exactly what happens to me more often than not. It never happened before the upgrade.:banghead:
Seems to me it's common to the upgrades completed on both sites. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
It does, but maybe you've been lucky. It happens to me sometimes on each forum and we're not alone.

From sf.com:

Seems to me it's common to the upgrades completed on both sites. :thumbs:
I just completely cleaned out my browser and the problem still exists.
I haven't had the problem on the sol site yet. But it happens here nearly every time.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Just for S & G's guys, hit your "ctrl-Alt-Del" go to "processes" how many are you guys running? I'm running 0nly 22 at the moment.. Impressive eh?:lol:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I'm running about 30. McAfee is a pig though they for some reason have to have about five processes running even if I have everything turned off or unloaded but the antivirus. and I have mailwasher and the tea timer. I could slim it down quite a bit. But I have lot's of memory so i'm not too worried.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I'm running about 30. McAfee is a pig though they for some reason have to have about five processes running even if I have everything turned off or unloaded but the antivirus. and I have mailwasher and the tea timer. I could slim it down quite a bit. But I have lot's of memory so i'm not too worried.
Hmm, now I am lost then of why it happens to some and not others, unless now it can be a timing/speed thing with your provider.. do you use dsl? distance from your puter to this server..

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Just for S & G's guys, hit your "ctrl-Alt-Del" go to "processes" how many are you guys running? I'm running 0nly 22 at the moment.. Impressive eh?:lol:
85. :dthumbs:

I take a different approach to these things- I always buy the most ridiculous computer I feel comfortable paying for and let it do whatever the hell it wants. Works every time! :D

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
I'm at 104 on my Mac... whew...

(I always have to one-up Reed)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hmm, now I am lost then of why it happens to some and not others, unless now it can be a timing/speed thing with your provider.. do you use dsl? distance from your puter to this server..
I have Comcast High speed cable. But i'm not getting the speed thst some of these people back east are seeing.

How far to the server? I don't know wheres the server I'm in the Denver Metro area. I'm only maybe 1 mile from the comcast hub

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
I'm in Philadelphia... performance stinks recently.

I havent been posting as much lately.. so not sure when the drop-off started..

But a few of the threads... its been excrutatingly painful to load up.. and to post.

The top logo appears and then its wait-wait-wait for the page to load.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts