Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would not be suprised if people from GM/SATURN are watching this site.also dealerships are reporting minor problems with the skys back to the factory.this is a first year production car,that we all want as fast as possible.things will get taken care of,they don`t want to get a bad rap about quality,on this car or the sol...:brentil::confused:

·
Registered
277 Posts
We should start a list of bugs and compare among Sky owners.

1) Weatherstriping along trunk where trunk meets the rear window needs replacing, poor fit from factory...part on order.

2) Rear axle caster not to factory specs off factory line. Caused tires to scrap wheel well and do minor damage. Also caused thump noise while driving. Dealer realigned car under warranty.

·
Registered
87 Posts
thump noise??

Stu's Sky said:
We should start a list of bugs and compare among Sky owners.

1) Weatherstriping along trunk where trunk meets the rear window needs replacing, poor fit from factory...part on order.

2) Rear axle caster not to factory specs off factory line. Caused tires to scrap wheel well and do minor damage. Also caused thump noise while driving. Dealer realigned car under warranty.
The thump noise you talked about, what caused it? When I go over a large bump I can hear a loud clank/thump noise above the left rear wheel. Almost sounds like something is lose and banging against the quater panel.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great!! idea, maybe the guys who run the site can set up a section that we can all report problems so we are all aware...

·
Registered
277 Posts
WGH said:
The thump noise you talked about, what caused it? When I go over a large bump I can hear a loud clank/thump noise above the left rear wheel. Almost sounds like something is lose and banging against the quater panel.
Get down on your knees and look inside the wheel well. There is a plastic flap that sticks out on the side of the door. Your tire could be rubbing it if your caster is out of alignment. You will see scuff marks on the plastic if it is happening. When parked, you should be able to see a distance between your tire and the plastic.

The cause on my car was the caster being out of spec. There have been several Sky and SOL with this problem.

Check the right side also.:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
WGH said:
Take the baby in and have the alinement checked . Might be caused by rear axle not having correct alinement. One or both sides could be off. Remember they strap these machines down pretty tight on the transporters. Just a thought......Skip, ..thoughtful for a Sunday morn...:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what ever you did to the avatar of your car,love the look without the cheap fake chrome strip across it...

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
glock919 said:
what ever you did to the avatar of your car,love the look without the cheap fake chrome strip across it...
Photoshop is a wonderful thing:D

P.S. Wish I had my car, but as of now it's still only on a piece of paper somewhere in Del.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
love it,could you make up some pictures of the facia i.take out top vents and bring down the yellow as one piece,2.can you put chrome in the top and bottom vents,3.be creative show some after market co. some ideas that they could bring to market,as they are doing fo the sol.

thanks,

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
2bad u cant take the badges off the car to begin with i have always done that on my vehicals and this will be the first one i cant..

·
Registered
804 Posts
WGH said:
Here Fluffy! Here Fluffy! Now where is that silly animal...:jester:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts