Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know years ago every new car would have a build sheet hidden somewhere in the car, sometimes under a seat.
Anyone that has a Solstice or knows someone in the plant know if there is one on these cars? where do they put it? If you want to keep all the paperwork in good condition i would suggest finding it and putting it in a plastic bag for safe keeping, if these do become collectors cars in the future the mor documentaion you have the better... I am keeping everything i get with the car...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
What doc's do you have on your order already? Can you give us a list of what we should be looking for?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Basically anything you get in writing (or printed) that has to do with "The Car".
Now you may be thinking Order receipts, Build sheets. But warning stickers (give your dealer a zip lock bag and tell him that their prep guy needs to bag everything that comes off the car except tape), notices etc. Don't forget to save the USB drive if you have one - any brochures, mail etc. . . .
I know it sounds strange but people I know who collect cars say this all adds value (if any develops) to the car.
While SKY may never be a "Vette" of the future, any first year, low VIN car commands a bit of premium (it may not even be anywhere what you paid – but as an example; you may get $5,000 in trade – sell it outright for $6000, but if advertised as first year – low VIN; might command another 2-3K).
Also as collectibles, we are talking 20-30 years from now -- not 5 years. This stuff needs to be passed on.
As an example – 65 Vette – originally purchased for 4300.00 – sold for 50,000.00. But what is the price of a new one? While these cars (The Vettes) are classic – if a car is popular enough – just getting original cost is good – current cost is great!
So no one really knows – but with a little effort you could add value.:thumbs:

·
Registered
238 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I know years ago every new car would have a build sheet hidden somewhere in the car
No hidden sheets that I know of. On the Saturn LS, we put a sticker ( I think it went in the trunk) that has all the different option codes on it. There's probably one on the Solstice/Sky. I'll find out were it is and let you know.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
On the Corvette the put the build sheet on the top of the gas tank. I am interested to see if it is still on mine when I start restoring it later this year.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The Dealer Service Sticker is in the glove box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts