Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from getting the black plastic strip underneath the front of Kathy's AURA replaced(she snagged and broke it a might), no cost because of the bumper to bumper warranty, had oil changed N/C. Mobil 1, Gas N Go package, would have cost me in excess of $200 but with the warranty it cost nothing. Say what you want about the warranty packages, but at this rate they will pay for themselves:thumbs:

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
Just got back from getting the black plastic strip underneath the front of Kathy's AURA replaced(she snagged and broke it a might), no cost because of the bumper to bumper warranty, had oil changed N/C. Mobil 1, Gas N Go package, would have cost me in excess of $200 but with the warranty it cost nothing. Say what you want about the warranty packages, but at this rate they will pay for themselves:thumbs:

:agree: Ernest, We got the extended 5 year warranty added on to the RL...and now with the new Powertrain. 100K...I think we should be covered:thumbs: ...with this being a new release car....and our luck with car ownership:lol: ..just thought it made sense :thumbs:

·
Registered
994 Posts
What's the Gas-n-go package and why would it normally have cost 200 bones? Others have said the Mobil 1 was expensive, but not that much if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
131 Posts
:confused: Yeah I'd ,like to know too. Does this cost and what's the point in having a 5 Year/100,000 mile warranty if you have to pay more to use it. Please explain.:confused:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The replacement part of the AURA was $85+ labor. That was covered under the extended warany because it was damaged by Kathy. Normal warranty does not cover these accidents. Gas n go is a 3 yr 36K nmaintenance plan that pays for all oil changes, filters, labor etc. A ittle package a bought with the extended warranty. And while we are on the subject, I bought a 5 yrs no paint dent policy that covers all dent repairs that do not require paint. Buffed out scratches, broken, cracked, chipped windshields and 200 dollar deductable hail damage, which is less than my comprehensive deductable with my insurance. With a steel body vehicle these all help. All but hail damage are 0 deductable. Cost for the dent policy, $289/5 yrs.

200 was a guestimate on the price as the receipt doesn't show all the charges. Extended Warrany doesn't cover oil changes, and since I change at 3K intervals ( except for the first 500, then 1K miles, it works out better. Warranties are not for everybody, but I am covered on everything, and the new GM warranty, you better read it close because it only covers certain major components, check your fine print!!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:confused: Yeah I'd ,like to know too. Does this cost and what's the point in having a 5 Year/100,000 mile warranty if you have to pay more to use it. Please explain.:confused:
What do you mean pay more, It was all covered. Cost to me was zip, nada, zero, that is what the bumper to bumper warranty is all about.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you get all these extra coverages thru the dealer ? Just picked up the car the other day would love to know the scoop thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts