Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with the driver's side buttress. When you press down on the 'pin' which locks into the deck lid, the side of the canvass top is supposed to automatically side down into place. The passenger side works fine ... but the driver side is no longer sliding down automatically ... I have to push the canvass down with my hand. I will take in it in for service work to get it fixed ... but has anyone else had a similer problem?:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Nope, smooth as silk here, so far--:D

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
sometimes, my driver's side buttress pops up right after I put the top up, when I shut the driver's side door or hit the unlock on the key fob.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Buttress Problems

I had the same problem with passenger side buttress. There is a steel cable that pulls down the canvas when locking it into the trunk. My dealer replaced the entire canvas top rather than try to fix the cable. This caused numerous leaking problems. However, after 3 visits the dealer finally corrected the problems.

·
Registered
41 Posts
No problems with mine.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
No problems with mine.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
No butt(ress) problems here...yet. :jester:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I might have a BUTTRESS issue but since I don't have my car I'll just say Hi! Also I've lost 15 lbs. since this damn knee replacement so there!:D my butt is doing just fine thank you!:lol:

:confused: Re: this and other "Top" related items, does anyone know if the feedback gets back to the engineering/design/production team and are the fixes being implemented on the cars as production moves along OR as my worst fear is:eek: that they (fixes for problems) are waiting on the next production run in January of 2007 (2008 build year). Any infor re: this? :confused: Thanks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yep problems here! My driver's side buttress will not release. This leaves me no choice but to ride around unable to go convertible. I will get ti to the dealer soon... :banghead:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update

New roof has been ordered ... ecd Thursday Sept 28 ... we shall see.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
I am having a problem with the driver's side buttress. When you press down on the 'pin' which locks into the deck lid, the side of the canvass top is supposed to automatically side down into place. The passenger side works fine ... but the driver side is no longer sliding down automatically ... I have to push the canvass down with my hand. I will take in it in for service work to get it fixed ... but has anyone else had a similer problem?:confused:
I have a similar issue. The cable actually popped out when I was drying the vehicle. Guess I hit it a bit too hard. They have tried to slip it back in, but it either catches on something or just pops out again. The roof still secures tightly... but not sure if it is doing it properly.

The service dept has been working on it for a while. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Buttress Problem update

Dealership ordered the new roof from the factory ... and received it in about 3 weeks. The dealership installed the new roof last Friday (10-13) ... I am very pleased! The replacement roof has almost no wrinkles on the buttresses :thumbs: ... and seems to fit bettter overall. Maybe its wishful thinking ... but I think there is much less wind noise with the replacement roof.:thumbs:

Anyway ... I pleased with the results.:cool:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dealership ordered the new roof from the factory ... and received it in about 3 weeks. The dealership installed the new roof last Friday (10-13) ... I am very pleased! The replacement roof has almost no wrinkles on the buttresses :thumbs: ... and seems to fit bettter overall. Maybe its wishful thinking ... but I think there is much less wind noise with the replacement roof.:thumbs:

Anyway ... I pleased with the results.:cool:
Congrats.. Glad you got it worked out!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Grrrrrrrrrrrr...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I just noticed this weekend, that the right buttress on my Sky has a big air bubble in it. I've tried numerous times to pull apart the velcro and readjust it, with hopes of smoothing out the bubble...but to no avail. :willy: I can't figure out why the canvas bubbles out in that specific area. I think it looks like crap. :mad: Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Grrrrrrrrrrrr...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I just noticed this weekend, that the right buttress on my Sky has a big air bubble in it. I've tried numerous times to pull apart the velcro and readjust it, with hopes of smoothing out the bubble...but to no avail. :willy: I can't figure out why the canvas bubbles out in that specific area. I think it looks like crap. :mad: Anyone have any suggestions?
I had bad wrinkles in both butresses, but no mechanical problems with the top. After a couple of months and frequent washes, they disappeared.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
The wrinkles don't bother me...infact, after several rain showers...they are nearly gone. But this 'bubble' on the right buttress bugs the crap outta me. My eyes are immediately drawn to it everytime I walk towards my car. :banghead: No matter what I do, I cannot seem to flatten or smooth out this bubble. :mad:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
My recommendation? Put the top down--:D Thata way you won't see it--I look at the top as a way to keep the rain out, the cold in or in case of of our northern brothers keep the heat in--don't much care "how it looks"--IMHO--:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
My recommendation? Put the top down--:D Thata way you won't see it--I look at the top as a way to keep the rain out, the cold in or in case of of our northern brothers keep the heat in--don't much care "how it looks"--IMHO--:thumbs:
I'd love to...but as you can see from my location, that isn't exactly possible 12 months out of the year. :D :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts