Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well they did it to me.

I go to sign for the car and notice window etching and paint and fabric protector were included $700 in options I did not want.

I did get the car and kept the window etching but they increases my trade by $300.

Just be careful before signing anything. Also before putting a down payment on the car make sure you can get the loan if need be.

FICO scores are important but so is your debt to income ratio.

PICS SOON TO FOLLOW!!

·
Registered
18,022 Posts
Congratulations Adam...I cannot believe they did that to you. I left a message on your cell phone...give me a ring. If u r in the neighborhood, don't forget to drop by. I had them do the electric work for my windscreen this morning. It came out great. Something for u to consider, but not necessary at this time....again congrats. By the way, I tried to see your car this morning but it was being prepared in the other building. I want to see your seats....

Michael

·
Registered
170 Posts
They tried to sell me the window etching for something like $500. When I told my salesperson I didn't want it, she said something along the lines of they already etched the windows...and I said that its not something I want, again, she took the amount off of my sticker. When got the car home, i check it out more closely, no window etching at all. I read online before I went in that this is really a scam thing as the Vin number is already in places in the car that can't be removed. If anyone hasn't gotten their car yet and they try to sell this option to you, i'd not get it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Im always sorry to hear these kind of stories. My dealer has NEVER pushed us on any options. This will be the 3rd car we have purchased from them. They just offer it and we say either yes or no. I love this dealer, no preimums, no options we dont want. Guess Im just one of the lucky few.

·
Registered
7 Posts
secure etch

I see you are in Rockville. We put 500 down as of Friday 5/5 in Gaithersburg.This car is to be a 40th birthday gift. My husband started looking around really liked the car and thought it was reasonable. Had no clue about any of the other issues. He gave the deposit on Friday. Surprised me on Sunday at a Surprise party and said I think you are going to love this car but it is going to take 4 months to get it and I want you to pick what you want in it. We went in Monday eve 5/8 to pick out the interior/options etc..
I came home, and started looking around at reveiws and forums to see what people were thinking and found this forum and have learned a lot this week!! One thing I am noticing, is that on the paper, that we put our options and such, there are two thing pre typed in. One is secure etch for 299.00 and appearance package for 119.00. I am guessing these are the dealer add ons I have been reading about. Any one else dealt with this dealership before? Although I don't want to pay more for the car than we need to. It seems this is minor compared to what some people are dealing with.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
If you are in the Chicago area, you should pm sky baby. Thats where she got hers...:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Ok, well hopefully someone on this forum can help you. Good luck....:)

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
A lot of insurance companies will do it for you for free as well. It is a deterent and they would rather pay the small fee to have it done than the big fee replacing the car. This is usually done on high theft vechicles that go to chop shops for parts. Since this is a low production car, theft will be noticed, and repair shops will probably be going to GM for the parts since there will not be much other option.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I love this dealer, no preimums, no options we dont want. Guess Im just one of the lucky few.
Don't you just love the way people make assumptions based on two stories out of the thousands out there. First thing to realize is that no one goes on the air and announces loudly that they were treated OK by a dealer - only those who've had problems generally do so. So therefore, the only thing you hear on these blogs are complaints. You are, in effect, observing a very biased sample of owners - those who've had problems with their dealers or cars. Imagine working in a complaint department of a store, any store. Blogs invariably push forward the idea that the world is going to hell in a hand basket, irregardless of the subject or the reality, and this is accentuated by the youth and naivete of the typical posters. I've been following the housing bubble blogs and found that practically every poster sincerely believes that a strong recession or depression is coming. If you post contradictory evidence more than once, they ban you from the site as a "troublemaker,"
although they don't use that word and never admit to censorship. Amusingly, they claim that only they pursue the truth, which, in practice, becomes a one-sided pursuit. Americans not only have trouble with math, they have problems with logic as well.

·
Registered
453 Posts
UFC1 said:
Well they did it to me.

I go to sign for the car and notice window etching and paint and fabric protector were included $700 in options I did not want.

I did get the car and kept the window etching but they increases my trade by $300.

Just be careful before signing anything. Also before putting a down payment on the car make sure you can get the loan if need be.

FICO scores are important but so is your debt to income ratio.

PICS SOON TO FOLLOW!!
Yeah, they did it to me too. And I think you got off better than me?? I just fount out the dealer is tacking on another $3000.00 for an alarm system I never asked for. As well as all the other sky buyers for that particular dealer in California. Don't know if I can say the name but those of you that have been in touch with me know who we are. It's a no choice deal, take it or walk away. This just added $3000.00 more to my balance. Sucks!!! :banghead: Anyone else from California get the screws put to them?
The good news is my vin finally came in and my car is due to be in a month sooner then expected if my GM is correct, my baby should be here May 26th!!!

T

·
Registered
453 Posts
Umm, not sure I get your point here? Getting an add on that I did not ask for, having no choice but one which is to walk away? Is that not a reason to complain? Just wondering.... 200 or 300 Ok, maybe.. still not right, but maybe. But $3000.00?? did you get hit with any add on's? just curious!!

T

·
Registered
9 Posts
Buyer Beware

After reading about all the unwanted dealer add on placed on ordered cars and not existing lot vehicles I think it is time to call the local DA for your area to look into this activity.
This happened to me a few years back on an ordered car..when time to pick up and settle paperwork showed add on's that were not on my order. A call from the DA and local consumer group not only helped me but helped others.The dealer also treated me very well too:)

·
Registered
453 Posts
grubin said:
After reading about all the unwanted dealer add on placed on ordered cars and not existing lot vehicles I think it is time to call the local DA for your area to look into this activity.
This happened to me a few years back on an ordered car..when time to pick up and settle paperwork showed add on's that were not on my order. A call from the DA and local consumer group not only helped me but helped others.The dealer also treated me very well too:)
Hmm, very interesting information. Who did you contact first about it? Give me a start and I can run with the rest.

T

·
Registered
9 Posts
buyer beware

call any and all local consumer groups first and state your concerns...then call your local DA to report this practice..we should not be forced to purchase anything we do not ask for..now remember if it is on dealer floor this way well then ...but if you have a written order with a deposit then you do have consumer rights

·
Registered
453 Posts
grubin said:
call any and all local consumer groups first and state your concerns...then call your local DA to report this practice..we should not be forced to purchase anything we do not ask for..now remember if it is on dealer floor this way well then ...but if you have a written order with a deposit then you do have consumer rights
Thanks for the info. I'm going to check it out. I did place my order and was very specific in what I wanted, along with my $1000.00 deposit. They called me twice to confirm my order and never once in all the times we spoke was an alarm system ever mentioned.
T

·
Registered
342 Posts
A local dealer here started to pull that unwanted add-on crap to me... I didn't notice it at first, but later compiled a list of contacts I was going to complain to if they didn't rescind them... although most are local, the list might give other's ideas...

I guarantee the dealer would have lost more in bad publicity than he would have by keeping my deposit! (FYI, They voluntarily rewrote the deposit letter before I had to show/threaten them with this list)

File a complaint with:
Better Business Bureau of Southern Piedmont, Inc.
13860 Ballantyne Corporate Place Suite 225
Charlotte, NC 28277
www.charlotte.bbb.org

3 On Your Side
WBTV-TV
One Julian Price Place
Charlotte, North Carolina 28208

WSOC-TV
Action 9 Consumer Complaint
http://www.wsoctv.com/action9/1922795/detail.html

WCNC-TV
Stuart Watson – The Investigators
[email protected]

Charlotte Observer
Andrew Shain – Mr. Watchdog
[email protected]

File complaint with:
North Carolina Department of Justice
Consumer Protection Section
P.O. Box 629
Raleigh, NC 27602-0629
Telephone: (919) 716-6000
www.ncdoj.com

Mayor Pat McCrory
[email protected]

File complaint with:
ConsumerAffairs.com
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/php/a_report.php

File complaint with:
U.S. Department of Justice
Office of Consumer Litigation
P.O. Box 386
Washington, DC 20044
http://www.usdoj.gov

Report to:
National Automobile Dealers Association
Code of Ethics violations
[email protected]

Saturn Customer Assistance Center
100 Saturn Parkway
Spring Hill, TN 37174
(800) 553-6000

General Motor Corporation
Corporate Affairs/Community Relations
100 Renaissance Center
Detroit, MI 48265
(313) 667-3800

Post complaint on all related Saturn/GM forums on the web...

·
Registered
517 Posts
undisirregardlessor, you all are doing a lot of unecessary stuff hassaling with these dealers. i talked to my daddy about buying a car. all you have to do is go to the salesperson, tell him what you have to trade, how much you have to put down, and how much you can afford per month. the sales people are trained professionals who sell cars all the time - trust them. :)

just give them the info and they take care of the rest! :)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts