Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I finally got a call from the dealer here in Calif. saying that I can come and put a deposit down on a SKY. They claimed they were the only dealer to not increase the MSRP. When I got there they told me the dealer is adding options that I have to buy: Road Hazard insurance $695, Alarm $695, Vehicle Theft Recovery System $395 (which are special stickers that the police can detect if it is stolen), and Polyshield paint coating $695. Has anyone else run into this problem? :confused:

Monica

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
:agree: :bs: Dont do it, nobody should force you to take something you dont want. there just looking for a sucker who wants this car bad enough, they will do it :nono:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
moni6 said:
Hi everyone. I finally got a call from the dealer here in Calif. saying that I can come and put a deposit down on a SKY. They claimed they were the only dealer to not increase the MSRP. When I got there they told me the dealer is adding options that I have to buy: Road Hazard insurance $695, Alarm $695, Vehicle Theft Recovery System $395 (which are special stickers that the police can detect if it is stolen), and Polyshield paint coating $695. Has anyone else run into this problem? :confused:

Monica
Where in California are you? He is not the only dealer selling at MSRP, most dealers are not. Find one that will not sell you extra stuff!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm buying mine in Indianapolis at MSRP with no add ons. They have suggested a couple things but I told them no thanks. I don't think you should trust that dealer because what is he going to do for service to screw you? Also tell all of your friends about this guy. Then when you get a Sky warn all of the people that ask you about your Sky. He must have already had people walk away because it is very unusual to find a dealer now that is still taking names on their list. About everyone else has already sold this years allotment. That in itself should make you cautious. Good luck! :driving:

·
Registered
802 Posts
marlboromike said:
Tell him NO...trying to rip u off...
You probably already have this, but what the heck..one more avatar.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Moni6 & options

Was the dealer JESSE JAMES ? This is extortion !:brentil: Fortunately WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND:confused: FIND a GOOD DEALER , there are lots of good dealers that look at the future not just a fast Buck :) :) :) :) :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fraud!

The Vehicle Recovery Theft System consisting of some stickers to help law enforcement idenify your vehicle is crazy. The Onstar System that your car has will track through GPS the exact location of your car in the event of theft. And the Roadside Hazard sounds redundant with your insurance coverages and I believe most GM vehicles has some type of roadside assistance included.
Just curious, does the dealer require these add ons to every vehicle they sell or is this a Sky only requirement?
If I were you,I would contact the state Attorney Generals Fraud Division to see if you can be forced to purchase inferior products to what the vehicle comes with.

·
Registered
176 Posts
tell this dealer to kiss this sky good buy...their are a lot of great saturn dealers out there/this guy is not...fly away asap...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
moni6 said:
They claimed they were the only dealer to not increase the MSRP. When I got there they told me the dealer is adding options that I have to buy: Road Hazard insurance $695, Alarm $695, Vehicle Theft Recovery System $395 (which are special stickers that the police can detect if it is stolen), and Polyshield paint coating $695. Has anyone else run into this problem? :confused:

Monica
Actually there seem to be many Saturn dealers who are selling at MSRP. The car comes with OnStar and the first year is included in the price of the car. The car also comes with an engine emobilization system as well. The car is a low production vehicle so unless you are worried about joyriders, pro's aren't likely to take the car from what I've read. And as for joyriders remember the engine emobilization system. I'd also say that you can do a lot of paint protection by yourself for $695 US.

We have heard of a number of dealers trying this kinda crap. :nono: If I were you and I wasn't #1 or #2 on the dealers list with a deposit or an order already in I'd be looking for another dealer.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the feedback. The dealer is Saturn of Ontario, Calif. This is a Sky only deal. They don't do this with other cars. They told me I was #5 on the list, and the car would come in in 3-4 months. I guess they think we are really desperate for the car. I will try to go to another dealer. The sales woman said it was the manager's decision to add on the frivilous extras and she could not change it. Once I told her I was going to go to another dealer, she quickly said she would take care of everything and I would not have to buy the extras. Yeahh!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
moni6 said:
Thanks everyone for the feedback. The dealer is Saturn of Ontario, Calif. This is a Sky only deal. They don't do this with other cars. They told me I was #5 on the list, and the car would come in in 3-4 months. I guess they think we are really desperate for the car. I will try to go to another dealer. The sales woman said it was the manager's decision to add on the frivilous extras and she could not change it. Once I told her I was going to go to another dealer, she quickly said she would take care of everything and I would not have to buy the extras. Yeahh!!!!!!
Im really disapointed to hear that about this dealer, they were this first Saturn dealer I bout from when I lived in Cali :brentil:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
You do NOT have to buy any of those items.

File a complaint with the BBB and call Saturn headquarters, nail this a$$ hole to the wall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts