Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. If anyone has experience with a shop in CA, Bay Area preferred, that works on kappas and/or has familiarity with GM engines, please pass on your recommendations. Thanks, jeff

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
I know we have some folks up north on this board but most of the active folks seem to be in SoCal. Bump though so I hope someone from up there sees this.

I just saw your join date. Did you not always live in San Fran because I'd think in the time you've had your car you would have found a good mechanic up there. LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a specific idea in trying to address so I'm looking to make a list to start calling rather than start with Yelp or something. I spent most of my time at the solstice forums for no bigger reason other than that's what I had but I joined here at the same time apparently. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
Ahhhhhhh...explains so much. LOL

Is there a specific GM engine platform you're inquiring about? I could assume it would be the Ecotec but could be something else. If it is an Ecotec engine may I also suggest posting this on Cobalt/Ion/HHR forums as many of those guys might know of a knowledgeable shop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not ecotec and it more pertains to ca emissions solutions so that's why I'm just asking for recommended places so I can ask a few questions to narrow down the list.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
(I respect what you are trying to do here and judging by the activity level, it is working, so kudos). Its a lot of work for no pay. but you do get unlimited private messages, so it all equals out.

The good news is i already have my list of what i need to do. i just need help doing it. and it has to be with a detail oriented shop. it can't be a place that relies on just getting by.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Did you ever find a shop to your liking?

There's a Sky owner in the service department at Pearson GMC in Sunnyvale; I've taken two of them there and wish I'd realized they were there when I had my Ion. Nothing complicated but they are VERY precise on their time to completion, unlike the Caddy dealer who took over South Bay Saturn duties and took longer to do an oil change than I would.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts