Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed that Saturn Offers a "Dust/Debris Guard" with their CAI and was wondering if the other "Brands" have one as well. Granted it probably doesn't work all that well since the filter is still exposed but It gets rather dusty up here in my area and I was thinking it might be a good idea to get the Saturn CAI. (despite the inflated price) I did want the Dual CAI but noticed it does not seem to come with the "D-guard" or guards.

So I guess my question is has anyone noticed any rapid build-up of dirt on their CAI filter(s) or... How often are these going to have to be changed vs the Stock filter?

Or ... am I just overly concerned? :skep:

·
Registered
322 Posts
"Rahn"....where did you find the info on the dust guard? I too am thinking that I will have Saturn install the CAI at the dealers.

I am also thinking of having the Saturn Cat-Back done as well because I am concerned re: warentee issues AND if all of the parts are "Factory GM" and IF the car becomes collectable then "options" wll not hurt anything while getting me close to the HP gains I'd like to see.

I'm going to shoot for, 200 HP ( 14.66 lbs/HP...seems nice to me) with CAI, Cat-Back and Chip refresh (new chip..keep the old).

There are some GREAT HP improvements being see by members thru their efforts using aftermarket vendors but I am a little concerned re: blowing the warrentee..:eek: ..besides, if I roll the CAI and the C/B into the original purchase then my wife is not aware ...and I wont be hearing..... "JIMMMMMM...are you messin with the car you old fool!!:jester: !!....:
ps: none of this helps my spelling.:lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
CUINOZ said:
"Rahn"....where did you find the info on the dust guard? I too am thinking that I will have Saturn install the CAI at the dealers.

I am also thinking of having the Saturn Cat-Back done as well because I am concerned re: warentee issues AND if all of the parts are "Factory GM" and IF the car becomes collectable then "options" wll not hurt anything while getting me close to the HP gains I'd like to see.

I'm going to shoot for, 200 HP ( 14.66 lbs/HP...seems nice to me) with CAI, Cat-Back and Chip refresh (new chip..keep the old).

There are some GREAT HP improvements being see by members thru their efforts using aftermarket vendors but I am a little concerned re: blowing the warrentee..:eek: ..besides, if I roll the CAI and the C/B into the original purchase then my wife is not aware ...and I wont be hearing..... "JIMMMMMM...are you messin with the car you old fool!!:jester: !!....:
ps: none of this helps my spelling.:lol:

It's in all the photos I've seen. It's basically just a simple piece of plastic/metal with the Saturn Logo on it that covers the front of the filter and the top. There is also a "Sheath" that covers the filter. If I could figure out how to place a pic on here I would...I'll see if I can at least find a link. I think the Saturn logo would help you defend against the wife:thumbs:

Found link.. http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/28988/cat/12401

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thank you....MHO....this is very :cool: . Thanks again......(now:D to find one)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking that the "Sheath" (for lack of a better name) might inhibit performance a bit but would keep it cleaner...but I'm no engineer so I have no clue how much if any measurable amount of performance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found the Answer I was looking for

http://www.duramax-diesel.com/spicer/index.htm

I found this link to be very helpful and it may be important to those of you who also intend on getting the CAI. As I anticipated the filters will get dirtier faster. I guess it's just one more thing to pay attention to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts