Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the CAI installed today - after driving a coupple of days without it. The difference was amazing, awsome, and well worth every penny. It has a better sound, more power, and I highly recommend it. :thumbs: Here is a photo of it:

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
Cost? General feel of the drive better, or just sound?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Great photo , got me thinking about getting it now. Originally thought about an aftermarket one but really dont want to hassle if I have problems down the road & since its GM it has a zero chance of messing up the warranty.Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cost - had it built into the price when I purchased the sky. Its was the cost as listed on the saturn web page - as a dealer installed option I think it was in the $400 dollar range - I would have to go look it up.

Impact... when you push it - the sound is fuller, deeper and more agressive. When crusing at a regular speed it is still quiet. It also seemed to add significant power I am not sure how much the horse power went up - but it was very noticable.

I have been told that it will improve gas mileage... but i expect I may drive it harder because its even more fun now... That may eat up the mileage savings!

This option is well worth it. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
804 Posts
:thumbs:
I think I should have it done before my wife takes notice...sometimes you just got to do something for the better.:cool:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
that is a clean looking intake awsome looks

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
From everything I've seen and read on this site, I ordered one.

·
Registered
182 Posts
SunneySky said:
Cost - had it built into the price when I purchased the sky. Its was the cost as listed on the saturn web page - as a dealer installed option I think it was in the $400 dollar range - I would have to go look it up.
saturn.com lists at $495 - this is maybe the first add-on i'm considering. did it take a while to get in? doubt that the $495 includes install labor, probably 2 hours for a $600+ total cost.

saw the video from the bro' in Maine (?) with the CAI, sounded really cool.
you noticed a difference in acceleration ??

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
VUETH1S said:
saturn.com lists at $495 - this is maybe the first add-on i'm considering. did it take a while to get in? doubt that the $495 includes install labor, probably 2 hours for a $600+ total cost.
From Saturn.com:
* These installed prices include MSRP as well as the national average labor rate and installation time per item. Actual retail pricing and labor rates may vary; see your retailer for details.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes... $495 including labor. Its well worth it for the improved sound and added zip. It was installed in one day while they tinted the windows.:D

·
Registered
112 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
802 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
whats with the orange bag covering the filter on the GM intake? i actually perfer the GM seems to be design to better fit in the engine bay, along with
fitting squarely behind the grill. but whats with the orange cover?

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
GM and Kappa has one, the Kappa is 299.00 Mine just arrived, if you add the CAI, Shorty Headers, CAT, and have the ECU reprogramed you will pick up 25 to 30 HP, that is the number test drivers say they would like, I have completed the upgrade on a SOL. Stock it had 143hp at the wheels, after it had 168.4 at the wheels or 25hp. All bolt on, and easy. the diffrence in the SOl is great, Smoooooth fast...I will be doing the same to my SKY and will post step by step pic for the forum....Seal9:cheers: :lol:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Guess what came in today????

My CAI from Kappasphere! But I still have NO car to install it in :banghead: :brentil:
Maybe I can just spoon or spork with my CAI everynight so we can dream of endless roads together until the car arrives....uh errr or maybe not that's kind of a weird thought! :lol:

·
Registered
311 Posts
My dealership parts dept. listed the part for about $590. Installation and tax came to over $700 dollars.

When I get the CAI, I am going to order it from gmpartsdirect.com for $352 and have the dealer install it. If 1 hour installation, at 110/hr, it will still be cheaper than getting the part from the dealership. I will be saving at least $200 dollars that way!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I would love to get one but I think the Kappashield and Lil Chromies are going to be about the extent of my budget this year. Maybe next year I can get a little more for Missy on her birthday.:patriot:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah I actually have avoided the GM one even though my buddy works in the parts dept. due to the price! he said he would install it for free on his day off at my house but I have installed intakes and it is REALLY easy to install them and I have never had an issue with an intake on any car I have installed one on or any cars I have owned with them on it. There shouldn't be an issue because when you take it in for service simply just replace the intake with the regular air components and away you go! I agree on the fact that the GM one is much better configured for the engine compartment but I will still go Kappa! :thumbs:

·
Registered
202 Posts
skysmylimit said:
whats with the orange bag covering the filter on the GM intake? i actually perfer the GM seems to be design to better fit in the engine bay, along with
fitting squarely behind the grill. but whats with the orange cover?
I have the same question. Is that like the K&N filter cover for extra dusty areas or is that just packaging that should be/(have already been) removed?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts