Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in for quite a shock today!:eek:

I called the parts dept. and asked them for the price of a CAI for the new Sky! She told me $580.36 plus tax. That's before installation of course.:eek: again.

$623.16 after tax :eek: :eek:

Figure in one hour for labor at $110/hr. Comes to $733.16 :eek: :eek: :eek: Again, that's assuming they are not adding a tax to labor.:willy:

Seems to me, getting the part from gmpartsdirect.com, ($352+change), and having them install the CAI would be the same thing and cost you less dinero.

I mentioned this fact to my salesman, and he said he would check into it.

Thanks for letting me vent a bit.:mad: More to come. Better news I hope.:)

California buyers, take notice.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
My dealer in Florida 420. if I install, 495.00 if they do it, 299.00 for Kappa....Seal9

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
mglindo-
I read your post and called the SR store. They quoted me 552.72 and 110.00 for labor.

interesting the price difference considering that the dealerships are owned by the same guy.

The saturn site lists it at 495.00 but he said that is suggested price.

·
Registered
165 Posts
AHH thanks. Not something I plan on getting so I won't worry about it. My husband had that on his 98 SW2 and loved it. I thought it made it noisier.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
usmc said:
mglindo-
I read your post and called the SR store. They quoted me 552.72 and 110.00 for labor.

interesting the price difference considering that the dealerships are owned by the same guy.

The saturn site lists it at 495.00 but he said that is suggested price.

That would only make it about a $30 difference in price. That would be 552.72+ tax and $110 for labor. Depending on your tax rate in SR. Estimate 7.5% = 594.17+110 = $704 total.

Still too much I think. Very interesting though about the difference. I would think SR would be higher than Fairfield?:confused:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I say... wait for other companies to come out with one.. K&N most notably makes many well priced CAI's... I hope they get into these cars too, they have not failed me in the past.. although I am only 19 lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts