Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Friend road with me in a previous vehicle up in the mountains. I had NO IDEA he was afraid of heights, and I... well I like to DRIVE. He's never been a passenger when I have been driving again.

·
Super Moderator
11,101 Posts
Yea, the first time I went down Montezuma's Grade (the second time I went up it and that was last year on the Chase the Sun Run...which reminds me, I need to start planning that again...) I was in a 1992 Eagle Talon TSi (2.0 Turbo) AWD with my girlfriend (how she ever agreed to marry me after this I don't know) in the passenger seat.

We were coming down the grade and I'm moving pretty good. Sport bikes are moving over to let me by. With every turn, my GF is in the passenger seat, big smile on her lips...

"HEEHEEHEE...HEEHEEHEE...HEEHEEHEE..."

I keep pushing it and I'm laughing with her in the driver's seat. The whole time, her eyes on the road,

"HEEHEEHEE...HEEHEEHEE...HEEHEEHEE..."

Finally we get down to the bottom of the hill and I look over at her very pleased with myself that I made her laugh for the last 15 minutes coming down the hill and that it's cool having a GF that is having fun in the passenger seat while I'm carving up the road in the drivers seat. Once the car comes to a stop I look over at her and say,

"So, had a little fun coming down didn't ya!?" With a big grin on my face.

"HHEEEHeeehaaaaaa...." SLAP! SLAP! SLAP!

As she backhands me hard across the chest.

"You AZZHOLE!" she exclaims much to my surprise. A bit hurt and more than a bit confused I say to her...

"What??? You were laughing the whole way down..."

"No I wasn't!" she replies, "I was HYPERVENTALATING!"

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Is that all she did was slap you bit, my ole lady would of shot me with the .38 I taught her how to shoot...

·
Registered
365 Posts
"No I wasn't!" she replies, "I was HYPERVENTALATING!"
I shouldn't, but that's funny! My wife would scream and never get back in the car with me again...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was just up in Seattle almost 2 weeks ago to pick up my new Sky Turbo and bring it back to San Diego. I lived up there (worked for Boeing) 25 year ago. Traffic was absolutely terrible there and in Portland. I mean standstill.. Nasty.. And the wet roads and cold made it even worse. I avoid LA like the plague and no one gets used to it. Thankfully San Diego is not an LA yet for traffic. Main point is.. traffic I think is getting nasty just about everywhere you go. I even get stuck around Tucson now and then. Welcome to the 21st century.

·
Registered
365 Posts
You'd think people up here would be better drivers in the wet... :banghead::rolleyes:

Not so much :|
Here, as soon as a drop of rain hits the windshield, people must to think the brake pedal turns on the wipers...:banghead:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts