Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
The letters should have been arced...does not make a good appearance straight lettering. Take a look at lettering on most calipers....and the letters are too large.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Don't pay attention to Mike, different strokes for different folks, I think they look sharp. We all have our own ideas as to what looks good on our cars and we all like something different. It'd be pretty boring if we all did the same thing with our cars.

I know this is really hard to believe but there is at least one person here that likes whitewall tires! I know... :eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't pay attention to Mike, different strokes for different folks, I think they look sharp. We all have our own ideas as to what looks good on our cars and we all like something different. It'd be pretty boring if we all did the same thing with our cars.

I know this is really hard to believe but there is at least one person here that likes whitewall tires! I know... :eek:
👍
I (my wife) made the graphic like it is specifically because IT IS different. I wouldn't like it as much as if I've seen it before.

I'd get some whitewall tires for my Sky. 😉

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Yeah, I like whitewalls on wires.......not many do, but I think all those that do are over 60 years old....LOL

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
well at 60 + 24 I was raised on whitewalls and wires. But I think the 60 year olds also like them.

Reactions: marlboromike

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
well at 60 + 24 I was raised on whitewalls and wires. But I think the 60 year olds also like them.
For whatever reason, although I fit into the age bracket, I never liked whitewalls. Perhaps it was because I have always driven sports cars, but whenever the tires I wanted had whitewalls, I always had them mounted with the whitewalls on the inside.

But one thing I didn't mind was redwalls. If you've never seen those, the Triumph TR6 came with them. I have no idea of they are available in Kappa sizes, but they might not look bad.

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
For whatever reason, although I fit into the age bracket, I never liked whitewalls. Perhaps it was because I have always driven sports cars, but whenever the tires I wanted had whitewalls, I always had them mounted with the whitewalls on the inside.

But one thing I didn't mind was redwalls. If you've never seen those, the Triumph TR6 came with them. I have no idea of they are available in Kappa sizes, but they might not look bad.

Guess what! Vogue just introduced the whitewall with the red...in our size. GM always had red wall tires on many of their cars...even yellow in the 60s

·
Registered
445 Posts
Whitewall tires….. Oh, the memories…… Working in the tire business, cleaning off the protective coating… one customer upset that the tires she bought were now whitewalls, she thought they were blue/green. Took forever to explain it was the protective coating put on to protect the whitewalls during shipping. 😂

1 - 20 of 24 Posts