08 Redline. RPM"s CAI, charge pipes, CAT delete & ECM Tune. diy tunnel brace. ProBeam.
Nicely done, ForceFed!They are still in process of drying.. but as I get them finished up I'll post more pics of them. And next week they'll be installed with some new black rims!
I started my caliper paint job the day you posted these. I was going to leave them without the logo, but you inspired me. I decided to make my own stencil for the lettering instead of decals. For the logo, I simply traced the curve of the calipers, copied the Sky logo into photoshop and warped the image to match the curve on the calipers. Printed it off, sprayed on sticky stuff and stuck it to a roll of painters tape. An exact-o knife was used to simply cut the out the logo. Voila! A curved stencil that I hope is worthy of MarlboroMike's approval.
I just hung them on the car five days after staring the project and I'm waiting at least one more day before taking them for spin. Drying took FOREVER in the humidity this week and I didn't want to touch them and imbed my fingerprint while they were tacky (Forever = 3 days in this case). I really should have done them in the basement where it was a whole lot less humid than the garage. I used the Duplicolor caliper brush-on paint after wire brushing them to death and gloss black grill paint for the lettering and the rotors since my Sky is black. The Caliper paint must really be something different than the spray paints I used for the other stuff because everything else really dried very timely. Who the heck knows how long this stuff is going to take to cure? Tacky for days on end was bit ridiculous, especially since I missed a ton of driving opportunities while the car was brakeless and up on blocks.
I also used someone else's idea to paint the inside of my wheels black because they were starting to peel and look pretty lousy. I can't remember who mentioned that on these forums and am too lazy to look, LOL. I think it makes the calipers standout a little more. For the wheels, I used a wire cup on my angle grinder then taped up the spokes and other surfaces not needing paint before I used self-etching primer and Duplicolor Glass Black "Wheel Paint" cans of spray paint.
I had a heck of time getting the metal spring/strap of the rear brakes to stay in place while assembling them. The only shame is that when I do finally replace my brakes and rotors with higher perf pads and drilled rotors, I'll have to paint the rotors again. Big whoop, though... those are easy!