Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I don't have a deposit for a Sky, and yes I am planning on getting one this summer. I wasn't totally sure about which car I was going to get, but after being promoted at my job, there is no doubt about it.... and thanks 1994SC2, because i'm going to copy you exactly. I had to see that color to believe it on the Sky, and all I say is WOW. WOW WOW WOW..... And oh yeh, chrom wheels all the way. My dilema, I am going to leave my deposit at my dealer on Saturday, and they claim to have 10 people on their list. They say they have 10 YES 10 Sky's on order and will here this month. I'm not sure if I should believe them, so what do you guys think? I absolutly can't have my Sky before Late June or Early July (I am planning on putting around $10,000 down because no bank will finance me even WITH a co-signer, unless I put a ton down.), I don't want to have my car come in a month, because I won't be ready!

For those of you who have a deposit down, can you tell me what number you are, and when your dealer says you will get yours? I will be very very sad If I need to wait more than 6 months.

Oh yeh, one more question, for those of you who got the STANDARD sound system, how is it? I don't wanna keep adding and adding and adding and finally end up at 30 grand. Trying to cut the fat.

So far is for sure gotta be:

Silver Graphite, Black Leather, LSD, Spoiler, Chrome Wheels.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Deposit down on 3/20
Imaged on 3/27, still at status code 025 AFAIK
Dealer says expect car in June...don't know exactly how many are ahead of me, as I was bumped up the list due to not ordering chrome wheels.

I seriously doubt that your dealer's 10 Skys will arrive within a month...if they're lucky they may get 1 of those Skys within a month.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I put my deposit down on 7 Jan, got my image on 2 March, and car shipped on 24 March. You want the car, you got to wait or have some way to quickly get to one of the dealers that gets one not built to the order. However, they way they are moving that is a job for "mission impossible".:lol: :willy: :lol:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, so in order to 'order' the car, or be able to change options, are you required to qualify at that time? I know to just put a deposit down, you don't need to do any of that stuff. I don't think in 6 months, I will be able to get exactly what I want unless I custom order it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, I just called my dealer to confirm what they already told me. They said if I REALLY want the car, I can get one in July, as long as I come in May or June to order it. I just don't believe it! Not when there are some of you who have waited for EVER and are being told 6 months or more from this date.

They confirmed they have 12 Skys ordered and they should be getting 1-2 per week. They said I don't need to leave a deposit right now and I can't order right now anyway, because chrome wheels and spoiler are not available right now to order.

Are they bs-ing me? If I wait a couple months to order it, do you think I will really get the car?

·
Registered
87 Posts
skyguy85 said:
No, I don't have a deposit for a Sky, and yes I am planning on getting one this summer. I wasn't totally sure about which car I was going to get, but after being promoted at my job, there is no doubt about it.... and thanks 1994SC2, because i'm going to copy you exactly. I had to see that color to believe it on the Sky, and all I say is WOW. WOW WOW WOW..... And oh yeh, chrom wheels all the way. My dilema, I am going to leave my deposit at my dealer on Saturday, and they claim to have 10 people on their list. They say they have 10 YES 10 Sky's on order and will here this month. I'm not sure if I should believe them, so what do you guys think? I absolutly can't have my Sky before Late June or Early July (I am planning on putting around $10,000 down because no bank will finance me even WITH a co-signer, unless I put a ton down.), I don't want to have my car come in a month, because I won't be ready!

For those of you who have a deposit down, can you tell me what number you are, and when your dealer says you will get yours? I will be very very sad If I need to wait more than 6 months.

Oh yeh, one more question, for those of you who got the STANDARD sound system, how is it? I don't wanna keep adding and adding and adding and finally end up at 30 grand. Trying to cut the fat.

So far is for sure gotta be:

Silver Graphite, Black Leather, LSD, Spoiler, Chrome Wheels.
I got the standard radio and it is fine for me. I am not a stereo freak and would rather hear the wind as opposed to the radio.I never could see spending large dollars for a car system. I did not get the chrome wheels that I was going order as I wanted to check out all the aftermarket wheels. To my surprise I am very happy with the painted wheels. My car is red but what I like is that the wheels match the frame around the windsheild.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts