Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have to tracking number for the car order. I guess it is called a VOM #. My dealer is useless and doesn't want to extend any help in tracking status of car. His response is it will get here when it gets here. I Would like to know if another dealer can track the car using the number. Also, is it possible to transfer the order from one dealer to another and keep same order at same status it is now?

·
Registered
73 Posts
dude!!!!!!!!

skycrazy said:
Well, I have to tracking number for the car order. I guess it is called a VOM #. My dealer is useless and doesn't want to extend any help in tracking status of car. His response is it will get here when it gets here. I Would like to know if another dealer can track the car using the number. Also, is it possible to transfer the order from one dealer to another and keep same order at same status it is now?
you need to be medicated....:chill: .... no wonder some dealers won't take orders and would rather just take pot luck on their allocations..sell as they come in.....that way they can avoid the hassel it must be.......... are you bringing deli trays or donuts and starbucks everytime you bug the peegeezus outta'm
don't you think if they could get'm faster and more of them they would !!!.... ((( hello ))).it's their paycheck right ?........ i bought the base and waiting now on turbo....
.....on the base my salesman who was a doll...said they really don't know till it's about to be shipped.........they get notified when it's on a delivery notice..(something like that )....then they can tell you about when to expect it.. .... everything is guesstimates before that..... every step from preliminary to accepted to production weekly contraints on your particular order..... they could care less and they have no control anyway !!!!!! their eye is on the parking lot watching for someone who wants to buy something they have ...or can get..NOT WATCHING A MONITER FOR YOU...and you can't blame 'm
((( of course WE know it's_________ possible________ to track'm ------but the usual salesman doesn't know how to let the top down let alone track cars through the dealership computer ))) from the tone of your posts - i doubt you're charming them !! hmmmmmmmm worth a try ????????
i would suggest you learn / know what he likes in his coffee & fav donut...or takes on his burger.... if you're going to keep pestering him ....
i was told 6 weeks to 6 months this time.
...he said allocations in 6 weeks BUT honestly wouldn't be there till it was and maybe 6 months.( fingers crossed he exagerated ) i wish i had ordered auto cuz i think manual is on constraint now.or limited ??....somethings will be luck of draw !! availability etc !!
..i'm # 3 there ....yes the wait is torture............paranoid someone else will get mine..hahahaha...who isn't........like if his neice wants 1 or a buddy... hey fact of life - it's possible...( and if you make him hate you it will be yours ).......they get allocations- a limited amount...no other dealer is going to bump someone for you or give his allocation away for something he can sell 10 times.....just a guessing..lol....

. if you do the math..add up all the dealerships , how many they could sell - ( in a perfect world )hahaha that ain't happenin !!! guess how many orders figure out percentage of base vs turbo to be produced this year.... divide that by 12 months and guess how many EACH dealer is going to get each month ..you get the picture -..some people are going to wait a long time... and demand is going to be more than supply AGAIN....imo......it's a sobering thought......
... no you shouldn't have to kiss butt...just get a grip....be glad you have an order #........hell yeah a tracking log or system for the PUBLIC would be nice - why don't you bug "corporate services and headquarters" for that..........

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
ZZZYBIL and others forum members are correct.

I was :mad: before settling down nightly to read this forum. Then I realized, hell YES I am part of the NOW generation! I do not want to wait for the traffic light, in any lines or service. Well here we all are waiting. This process has not totally changed me from :brentil: to :angel: but with a :grouphug: of friends the wait can be less :willy: :crazy: and I can :sleep: much better and on that note I am :leaving:

Chat and makes friends :cheers: cause you is beating a :deadhorse

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
skycrazy said:
Any GM dealer can track the Sky if they use the old ordering system not Dealer World. My dealer uses both and was able to track Earnest Red Line for him and I have a GXP on order.

But don't worry about transfering to another dealer, alot of dealers don't want to track the Skys. I would stay where you are.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
zzzybil said:
you need to be medicated....:chill: .... no wonder some dealers won't take orders and would rather just take pot luck on their allocations..sell as they come in.....that way they can avoid the hassel it must be.......... are you bringing deli trays or donuts and starbucks everytime you bug the peegeezus outta'm
don't you think if they could get'm faster and more of them they would !!!.... ((( hello ))).it's their paycheck right ?........ i bought the base and waiting now on turbo....
.....on the base my salesman who was a doll...said they really don't know till it's about to be shipped.........they get notified when it's on a delivery notice..(something like that )....then they can tell you about when to expect it.. .... everything is guesstimates before that..... every step from preliminary to accepted to production weekly contraints on your particular order..... they could care less and they have no control anyway !!!!!! their eye is on the parking lot watching for someone who wants to buy something they have ...or can get..NOT WATCHING A MONITER FOR YOU...and you can't blame 'm
((( of course WE know it's_________ possible________ to track'm ------but the usual salesman doesn't know how to let the top down let alone track cars through the dealership computer ))) from the tone of your posts - i doubt you're charming them !! hmmmmmmmm worth a try ????????
i would suggest you learn / know what he likes in his coffee & fav donut...or takes on his burger.... if you're going to keep pestering him ....
i was told 6 weeks to 6 months this time.
...he said allocations in 6 weeks BUT honestly wouldn't be there till it was and maybe 6 months.( fingers crossed he exagerated ) i wish i had ordered auto cuz i think manual is on constraint now.or limited ??....somethings will be luck of draw !! availability etc !!
..i'm # 3 there ....yes the wait is torture............paranoid someone else will get mine..hahahaha...who isn't........like if his neice wants 1 or a buddy... hey fact of life - it's possible...( and if you make him hate you it will be yours ).......they get allocations- a limited amount...no other dealer is going to bump someone for you or give his allocation away for something he can sell 10 times.....just a guessing..lol....

. if you do the math..add up all the dealerships , how many they could sell - ( in a perfect world )hahaha that ain't happenin !!! guess how many orders figure out percentage of base vs turbo to be produced this year.... divide that by 12 months and guess how many EACH dealer is going to get each month ..you get the picture -..some people are going to wait a long time... and demand is going to be more than supply AGAIN....imo......it's a sobering thought......
... no you shouldn't have to kiss butt...just get a grip....be glad you have an order #........hell yeah a tracking log or system for the PUBLIC would be nice - why don't you bug "corporate services and headquarters" for that..........
Don't you think you got a little harsh? Skycrazy was only asking a simple question.

Are you saying you don't ask your dealer what event code you are ? It only takes a dealer 30 seconds to check on the event code. It's not like they have hundreds of cars to check because most people buy off the lot.

I agree it's not going to make your car get here any faster but it is the dealers job to satisfy the customer. I can see if they get a call from the same person 4 times in a day but if they get asked once a week there shouldn't be a problem.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
deluke said:
Don't you think you got a little harsh? Skycrazy was only asking a simple question.

Are you saying you don't ask your dealer what event code you are ? It only takes a dealer 30 seconds to check on the event. It's not like they have hundreds of cars to check because most people buy off the lot.

I agree it's not going to make your car get here any faster but it is the dealers job to satisfy the customer. I can see if they get a call from the same person 4 times in a day but if they get asked once a week there shouldn't be a problem.
:agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
342 Posts
zzzybil, Sounds like to me you've been taking TOO MUCH medications. You're the lazy dealer's dream customer. You'll put up with no info and be happy about it!

I guess when you drop your car off for service you'd just be happy to "get it when you get it"... and wouldn't call even a week later asking about the status.

skycrazy, unfortunately no one on this forum who has access has volunteered to look up the order status for forum members, like the guy on the Solstice forum.

You're at the mercy of the dealer you've got your order(s) with.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Axel said:
skycrazy, unfortunately no one on this forum who has access has volunteered to look up the order status for forum members, like the guy on the Solstice forum.

You're at the mercy of the dealer you've got your order(s) with.
Axle and everyone...

I only have access to the GM Dealerworl System and not the old and nice Saturn System so, with the GM Dealerworld System I can ONLY track vehicle orders that where placed at this dealer and not other dealers. I have tried many times before with a few forum members but to no avail. :banghead:

Sorry!!! :eek:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is Saturn still using that 20 year old system?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I think someone in Isreal was waiting for a Sky and the dealer sold it to someone in Lebanon.

Wow...Take er easy

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
skycrazy said:
Skycrazy ,PM me your order number I'll try to check it next Thursday with mine and Ernest.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think the frustration is that some lucky folks have dealers who are providing this information to them, while others are waiting with no word or updates. My impression is that it would be much easier to wait without asking the dealers questions if NO ONE had access to this information and we were all in the same boat. It's very hard not to wonder what the status is when so many others seem to have that information. I myself have sent only one email to three persons at the dealership in one month's time but haven't gotten a response from any of the three, not even an acknowledgement that the email was received.

It would be nice if Saturn would recognize the frustration from both the dealers and the customers....and provide some sort of update to the customer automatically when the car moves from one major milestone to another. I don't think it's too much to ask.

But I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
342 Posts
zzzybil said:
...they've BEEN dealing with manic enthusiaists.. it .must get OLD
yep... but not as OLD as buyers having to deal with lazy or ignorant dealers, and a GM ordering system that SUCKS.

Some buyers put up with it because they have no choice... those that have a choice and can find a dealer that actually wants to give their buyers a semblance of customer sevice should vote with their feet.

I did.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Remember the Good Ol' Days?

Back when I was born, there was excitement (not just because it was me coming into the world... well, that was probably part of it) about the mystery of it all. Back then you didn't even know if it was a boy or a girl on the way, and the baby came when it came.

Now, mothers go into the delivery room, by appointment, carrying a photo album of all the MRI images taken along the way... (Will rick112 bring pictures of his car in the Wilmington Ready Lot to his dealer upon delivery to compare?)

I don't know if that's better or not. I guess it comes down to if you're the kind of person that tears through the house before Christmas looking for your unwrapped presents or not. I did that once, when I was about eight, and knew everything I was getting when I found the stash. And somehow that made Christmas worse, not better. Part of the charm of the holiday for me is the surprise...

So when it came to my SKY (both the first one and the Red Line on order) I have asked for the occasional update every month or so. I was at "It's shipped, could be here any day..." for about a month. And I just went about my life knowing that the call would come when it came, and when it did that it would be great.

It did. It was.

And it was worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Angel said:
What does PM mean:confused:
PM - Private Message

In the top right corner of the page beneath "Welcome, Angel.", you'll see a link to your private messages.
To send someone a PM, one way is to click on the underlined user name next to one of their posts.
A popup box shows an option to "send a private message to..."

Private messages are just that, private.

HTH

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
jdigiant said:
So when it came to my SKY (both the first one and the Red Line on order) I have asked for the occasional update every month or so. I was at "It's shipped, could be here any day..." for about a month. And I just went about my life knowing that the call would come when it came, and when it did that it would be great.

It did. It was.

And it was worth the wait.
:agree: :agree: :agree:

jdigiant you are so right. Our SKYs will get hear when the get hear. It is a long wait but diffenetly worth it. The way I look at it the longer it takes the larger down payment I'll have. I'v been on the bandwagon so long I've got calises on my butt. And I'm hear for the duration.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks all, even zzzybil, i think. I wish I could say I have been bugging them daily. In the last 4 months I have made 3 calls to see the status on the car and have been blown off, never called back, and threatened to have my order cancelled because they don't want me as a customer because I try to see how the car is coming along. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WAITING, I do have a problem with the rude GENERAL MANAGER who told me he doesn't feel it is worth having me as a customer because I keep calling them. 3 times in the last 4 months, wow, they must have my number posted up as don't answer the phone when this ass calls. I am going to wait it out. Nothing I can do. Just wish had a dealer who was a little more forthcoming is all. Enjoy the skys all. Have a great night. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts