Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know of a Solstice that I could get today for MSRP. It isn't the color I want and I would only think about getting it if I knew that I wouldn't get a SKY. This (Sol) dealer was telling me that even though I may have an order in and accepted by Saturn, that I may not get my SKY. I don't know if he's just pressuring me to come and get the Solstice or if he has knowledge about production limits. My order was imaged and accepted and I have a deposit down on the car. I just wonder if I'm guaranteed a SKY at this point??? I went 030 on 3/30. Is having an order go 030 a guarantee that the car will be built? Any opinions? The "low-hanging fruit" is tempting.:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
If you jump ship now you'll always wonder what would have been, I say go with what your heart really wants. I mean the weather isnt ALL that great right now anyway for the roadster and besides whats to say the Sol won't take a significant amount of time to show up with all the options and color you want.

Good things to those who wait -- you have come to far to give up now.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
If your image was at 30 you will get a SKY...no Q about that....Seal9:cheers:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
What do you want, a car now or the car you really want. No brainer to me! Wait for the Sky!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Sit tight. With an order at 030, you're getting your Sky.
Don't let the other guy rattle you.

030 - Received at POMS (Accepted by the Assembly Plant)
GM's agreed to build it. No question that Cary NC will deliver it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
I know of a Solstice that I could get today for MSRP. It isn't the color I want and I would only think about getting it if I knew that I wouldn't get a SKY. This (Sol) dealer was telling me that even though I may have an order in and accepted by Saturn, that I may not get my SKY. I don't know if he's just pressuring me to come and get the Solstice or if he has knowledge about production limits. My order was imaged and accepted and I have a deposit down on the car. I just wonder if I'm guaranteed a SKY at this point??? I went 030 on 3/30. Is having an order go 030 a guarantee that the car will be built? Any opinions? The "low-hanging fruit" is tempting.:confused: :confused:
Hang in there! That Salesman/woman is a "lying sack of Patoot!" The only person coming out on that deal is the Salesman/thing! You've been imaged and accepted, that is +2. You have a real "Sky" coming. If you were not going to get it you wouldn't have any number! The only "low-hanging fruit" here is that Pontiac salesmonster. Damn I wish I could get more descriptive without being obscene, this guy needs his head flushed! (the salesman that is)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
eldeeko said:
Hang in there! That Salesman/woman is a "lying sack of Patoot!" The only person coming out on that deal is the Salesman/thing! You've been imaged and accepted, that is +2. You have a real "Sky" coming. If you were not going to get it you wouldn't have any number! The only "low-hanging fruit" here is that Pontiac salesmonster. Damn I wish I could get more descriptive without being obscene, this guy needs his head flushed!
:agree:
He is just wanting to unload a car, that is all, Now that the Sky is becoming available Solstice sales may be slipping especially after all the dealers that were gouging on their prices... Just hang in there your car WILL be built...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys. :thumbs: I really want my Red SKY. I'll call the dealer back and tell him that I'd rather wait for a car made just for me. It was awfully tempting to know that I could drive a Sol home today. I just wanted to be sure that I wouldn't be left on the outside looking in. My saturn dealer has been really good to me and patient with me so far. I did have a chance to see their first "delivery" on one of my visits there, and I could tell how excited they were for the customer. I want that!

·
Registered
410 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
Do not give up the ship--repeat do not give up the ship. Your next code is 033. That is sequenced and VIN. Next is 038. That is vehicle is produced!!!!!! I went to the factory myself and saw rows and rows of cars:D yours is coming, just hang on my friend,.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I agree with everything above....hold tight. The Pontiac salesperson is just looking out for his/her paycheck. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
IslandHopper said:
Be part of our elite group:grouphug: There are going to be 10000 of us and about 20000 of them. Just hold on!!!!

are they only building a 1000 skys or something?

·
Registered
277 Posts
About 10,000 for the 2007 model year

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i agree theres a SOL for sale here that just came up and im not gonna leave the SKY for it . you will not be happy if you dont get what u want!!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
A dealer here has one available, dropped the price $3000 after it sat for a while in the show room. Of course he had it marked up $3000:lol:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Don't do it, you will thank yourself for waiting!! We the 2 are side by side, no problem in staying with the Sky. TRUST ME. I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! GET THE SKY!!!! 030 is one step away from being built!! You can do it. I waited 8 weeks at 030, and it was tough, but after seeing it in the driveway at the dealer when it arrived, I weould have waited 24 weeks. I have waited over 2 years for the SKY, you can surely handle a few measly weeks. Now straighten up troop, your SKY needs you to be patient!!!:thumbs: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Ernest said:
Don't do it, you will thank yourself for waiting!! We the 2 are side by side, no problem in staying with the Sky. TRUST ME. I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! GET THE SKY!!!! 030 is one step away from being built!! You can do it. I waited 8 weeks at 030, and it was tough, but after seeing it in the driveway at the dealer when it arrived, I weould have waited 24 weeks. I have waited over 2 years for the SKY, you can surely handle a few measly weeks. Now straighten up troop, your SKY needs you to be patient!!!:thumbs: :cheers:
I'm going to get back into that Zen of:chill: :chill: but I'm going to :drool:a lot when I see your pics, can May or June get here a little faster :willy:

·
Registered
202 Posts
The SKY is a better car with a nicer interior, mechanical bits being the same for the most part. That being said, to take your mind off your forthcoming SKY, go visit your local Chevrolet dealer and tell him you want to order a Camaro. :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
:agree:
He is just wanting to unload a car, that is all, Now that the Sky is becoming available Solstice sales may be slipping especially after all the dealers that were gouging on their prices... Just hang in there your car WILL be built...
Thats right, the pontiac dealers are going to regret the price gouging now that the skys are coming. I would have paid 10,000 more for a sky than a solstice and I got it for 5,000 less.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts