Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 2 part question:
1). Can I purchase my extended warranty from any Saturn Dealership?
2). Can any Saturn Service Dept work on my Sky?

thanks.....

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

thanks.....

1) I don't know for sure but would think yes. But if it is possible I would imagine your dealership would give you a better price but I can be wrongabout that.

2) Any repairs can be done at any Saturn dealership for the warranty.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,
Kools-ville, when and If I get my SKY this will be useful!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
And you don't have to buy the extended warranty at the time you buy the car. You can buy it anytime before the regular warranty runs out.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Don't bank on your dealer giving you a better price on anything because they work out of a standards book on any labor done. Any dealer would be glad to work on your Sky because it is revenue for him. If it is warranty work then Saturn pays him. So you could buy a car in New York and get it serviced in California and be treated the same. Good luck and enjoy. I have 9,000 miles on mine and still going ( at least until the Redline comes in).:driving:

·
Registered
114 Posts

thanks.....
I think you can get it serviced at any GM dealership not sure, but my dads cobalt got serviced at a Pontiac dealer.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I think you can get it serviced at any GM dealership not sure, but my dads cobalt got serviced at a Pontiac dealer.
Any GM dealer should be able to service a SKY. Saturn is pushing the fact that they can service any GM car as well. This does bring up a point. My dealership mentioned that they are getting their Tech's trained in SKY service. Is there training specific to this car? I mean I know all tech's can get into the online service manuals, but do they learn about proper lifting etc if they get SKY specific training?

·
Registered
119 Posts
From my own experiences Saturn of ****** stores do not share a central database. So while you can get your car serviced at both Saturn of A & Saturn of B neither will know what the other has done. Also, only the original dealer where you purchased your extended service contract will know about it -- the others will need to call it in.

Joseph

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is true, they do not have service records on a computer that any Saturn dealer can pull up.

But you can get service done at any dealer. I bought my car from a dealer 110 miles from where I live, and have it serviced at a dealer in this area--and not the one closest to my house--I've met the owner and do not like him one bit, plus their service hours are so ridiculously limited I don't know how they stay in business. (M-F, 9-5 ONLY!) So I take it to a dealer about ten miles further who so far I'm fairly happy with.

Anne

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is true, they do not have service records on a computer that any Saturn dealer can pull up.

Anne
not entirely true. saturn is now tied into GM's Dealerworld network. with a VIN a tech can see the vehicle build options as well as the warranty service history. anytime a claim is paid out to a saturn dealer for a warranty repair on that VIN it will show up in Dealerworld.

not every gm delaership can work on just any GM vehicle. saab and hummer being the obvious examples, but aside from them, the training level of the dealership will dictate how much if any crossbrand warranty repairs a dealership will be allowed to perfrom and be able to get paid for. with gm currently coming down hard on excessive warranty repair costs, even very large well trained dealerships maybe be hardpressed into being willing to do cross brand repairs.

the 2.0 engine and the 5l40e auto trans are the only component in the kappa platform that has it own tech training program and even those aren't prpared in a kappa only presentation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts