Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can the Wilmington, Del plant actually start cranking out the 2000 Pontiacs per month necessary to fill their orders by December? How can they do that and start building the Sky too? And how about the car for Europe? Do they have just one assembly line to do all this? If so, even April '06 sounds optimistic. BTW, can someone notify the forum when the plant is actually producing 2000 cars per month (the minimum required for things to go according to plan)? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The plant has two shifts working 10 hour days I believe. They are currently working their way up to 56 cars per day per shift (112 total per day at full line speed). There's something like ~250 working days a year to produce cars, making rougly ~28k cars a year at that rate. As of last week the plant made 178 cars for the entire week I believe. Which is up from the week before, which was up from the week before that. Once they get up to line speed they will technicly be producing Solstices at a rate greater then actually needed for a full years worth of production for a time due to no Sky/Opel(s) being made. I think they're trying to make ~9000 Solstices before year end. Once they get to full line speed and produce suficient Solstices by year end they'll shift some of that production to making Sky/Opel(s).

We get updates from some sources online, and dealers who look the information up for us.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts