Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone who is an employee of a dealership please explain this jargon to me, because my dealership doesn't seem to want to.

I was told by the sales manager this AM that the are still waiting for more images. Still have only recieved the first one for dealer demo but they are selling it to first guy on list. She stated that they KNOW they are alotted 5 for the year (does this mean year as in model year so between now and AUG-Sept, or does in mean actual 2006 up to Dec?). She said they won't know anymore info until end of April. Does this sound right? No idea about images until end of April? God, please help me, what is going on?!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Unfortunately, Saturn is keeping a tight wrap on the release of information. They gave an initial alottment to each facility or owner group (our owner has 3 stores and the alottment was split between them) and after that it is anybody's guess. In a nutshell, if they release too much information and it doesn't come to fruition, they come off unprofessional, so they are only guaranteeing the intial batch and will base future numbers on the initial demand and delivery of Sky's.

That much should have been explained however. After that, Saturn is trying to keep from over-promising and under-delivering. Hopefully this was a little bit of help to you. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
each marketing area received an initial allocation based on various things(depending on who you talked to). If your market area includes more than one store someone, normally the retailer, determines after the images hit which stores get what. The retailer has no control over how quickly they receive the 1st 5 images. Going forward, additional allocation will be determined by other marketing factors.
didn't tell you much I know.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Hayley's SKY said:
Can someone who is an employee of a dealership please explain this jargon to me, because my dealership doesn't seem to want to.

I was told by the sales manager this AM that the are still waiting for more images. Still have only recieved the first one for dealer demo but they are selling it to first guy on list. She stated that they KNOW they are alotted 5 for the year (does this mean year as in model year so between now and AUG-Sept, or does in mean actual 2006 up to Dec?). She said they won't know anymore info until end of April. Does this sound right? No idea about images until end of April? God, please help me, what is going on?!
An image is the code word for ordering contract between the dealership and the builder of the auto. Your dealership has 5 autos of Skys that it can order in this model year. I think the year goes from September to September. Iffen yall have any more questions just ask. Skip....:D :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
450 Posts
HI! My deposit is at Pembroke Pines Saturn....the same person owns 3 Saturn dealership...so if a car fitting my description shows up at another one he owns...I can have it. I was told it was based on the total sales of the dealership ??? don't know for sure though. Where is your deposit? Oh and I went from 19 people in front of me to 8!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know this was covered on an earlier thread...
Every dealer got one for each dealership at the start (the so-called demo cars). After that their allotment is based on a simple formula: 50% of their sales and 50% of competitors sales. Thus, if the dealer sells more or is in a larger market, they will get more.
Dealers can estimate their yearly allotment based on production numbers, but they won't know when they will get them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts