Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That we recommend: Salsemen that have been great, put up with weekly phone calls or general Managers that have been honest and true in pricing? We hear a lot of the complaints, but the good guys should not go unnoticed!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
No, please.

There are several reasons, but the chief ones have to do with the future "supporting vendor" program.

The way sites as large as corvetteforum and solsticeforum work is that supporting tuners, vendors, and dealers pay the site owner (Troy Roberts) to advertise/promote their products on the forum.

If they are not supporting dealers/vendors/tuners, then they are NOT allowed to promote their products.

It is this financial support that helps keep forums like this running. The cost for the amount of data storage and transfer grows tremendously as the size of the forum grows.

By listing dealerships and such, you are, in essence, becoming "agents" of a dealership who hasn't paid for the right to advertise or promote on the site. This is not fair to the dealers that HAVE paid to do so, and it is not fair to use the notoriety of this site that has been built up over time for gain that we don't all share.

Remember, without this support, the forum would basically close down, unable to support the increasing cost of hosting the forum.

thanks,

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Ernest said:
I am sorry about my post on this subject, I wasn't aware of this, thanks for the great site and wonderful job you are doing,

ERNEST
No probs. Thanks for not taking offense at the necessary editing and cleanup. Some people get really wigged out about things like that.

·
Registered
802 Posts
KappaMan said:
No probs. Thanks for not taking offense at the necessary editing and cleanup. Some people get really wigged out about things like that.
Just a comment on "wigged out" as I haven't heard that expression since the 50's.
eldeeko

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ol Pharts

KappaMan said:
Uh-oh... I think I am starting to give away clues as to how old I am :lol:
I think I still got you on that one....unless you can remember "real george" or "real keen", now that was before my time.
eldeeko

my first car was 1947 ford coupe 3/4 race, went through many transmissions (too many)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
eldeeko said:
I think I still got you on that one....unless you can remember "real george" or "real keen", now that was before my time.
eldeeko

my first car was 1947 ford coupe 3/4 race, went through many transmissions (too many)
no, but I remember my mother saying "real keen"... :lol:

·
Registered
802 Posts
KappaMan said:
no, but I remember my mother saying "real keen"... :lol:
mo bedda! My parents generation used those also..so as not to be wigged out, we didn't use them. 2 x's, 1 current, 5 kids, 8 gkids but I still feel young. If I do not get my SKY pretty soon they will have to just put me in it when it arrives and bury me. (Hence "Ghost Rider" in the Sky)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts