Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, if it will be another year before we will get our hands on the Sky we all will be in pretty sad shape while waiting. Do you really think it will be a year before it is available? I am starting to have second thoughts, with the price of $25K set the cars price will increase by another 3-5K with the addition of a forced air motor option. Also, there is no telling how long it's going to take them to offer a SC. :mad:

·
Registered
51 Posts
The long wait is my dilemma too, Chip! I won't be prepared to buy a new car for about a year yet though so I guess that's a small consolation. But it's not gonna make the wait any easier... :(

From then it's a matter of when FI will come out. Hopefully it'll be released in the Sky's first model year. Anything longer would be cruel! :p

·
Registered
138 Posts
The wait is very tough especially if you've been waiting 1 year already for Solstice. Depends on your situation I guess. For me I can't wait another year plus as you say the extra few grand in price etc.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Personally I'm probably going to be waiting a year (till the begining of 2006) to buy a new car anyway. By then the Miata NC and Lancer EVO IX will be out for me to evaluate, along with the Sky, and possibly forced induction Solstice.

If the Sky comes in at $23,500 base, and the Forced Induction version brings it up to $26,500 the Sky is going to be the car for me fure sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The waiting and anticipation of a new vehicle is half the fun.. ;)
I expect the SKy to come it at between $33K - $35K Cdn - hopefull not much more than that :(
Anyhow, unless there a nasty surprise or 2, I'll buying the SKY for sure..

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Rik said:
My big dilemma is do I get the base Solstice as a hold over until the Redline comes out.
I've been debating that too. Either leasing the Solstice, buying the Solstice, or just plain waiting till the Sky hits.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My big fear is that the Solstice would end up being so heavily modified that I wouldn't be able to trade it in. Had that exact problem with my Z28 1LE. I have issues when it comes to leaving well enough alone. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can wait a bit longer. My current car isn't letting me down, and it still gives me a thrill on a regular basis. With a 150k on the clock, I can't wait forever, but I can wait another year or two.

-Stephen M

·
Registered
727 Posts
Many of us have been waiting for the Solstice for over a year already! Waiting another year fo the Sky would be a killer. Then just think, if you know a F/I Sky will be available in another year, it may mean more waiting! ARGH! :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am going to see both and then decide on which one to get, although at the moment it is the SKY. I also thought the price was $25,000.00 with must options?. Once the Solstice is out we will know a lot about trunk, top and other things that may sway the buying decision. I did not think it was going to be over $30,000.00.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Rik said:
I'm really hoping the FI won't be a whole year after the base car's launch.
Motor Trend's Sky article in their latest issue indicates an F/I model won't be out until the beginning of 2007, just about a year after the Sky's introduction. There is no way to know if GM told them something, or if they are just speculating, but its not good news for a quick release of a Sky Redline.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
LatinVenom said:
I am going to see both and then decide on which one to get, although at the moment it is the SKY. I also thought the price was $25,000.00 with must options?. Once the Solstice is out we will know a lot about trunk, top and other things that may sway the buying decision. I did not think it was going to be over $30,000.00.
What we've been told is "starting under $25,000." The base Sky will come with a bunch of the Solstices optional features as base supposedly. Like A/C and probably ABS along with some other stuff.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Skyward said:
The waiting and anticipation of a new vehicle is half the fun.. ;)
I expect the SKy to come it at between $33K - $35K Cdn - hopefull not much more than that :(
Anyhow, unless there a nasty surprise or 2, I'll buying the SKY for sure..
Brentil,
The reason for my previuos post is because of Skyward's expectations. Please see his quote above.
Thanks for clearing it.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Brentil,
The reason for my previuos post is because of Skyward's expectations. Please see his quote above.
Thanks for clearing it.
Ahhh ok.
He was refering to Canadian dollars, that's why his value is so high.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Rik said:
I'm really hoping the FI won't be a whole year after the base car's launch.

me too.

i wish it was out now - FI version and all. i'm not exactly in the best place NOW to be getting a new car so waiting a year is likely the smart choice, but ANOTHER year after that and...

i'll be crazy.

kris

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey what does forced induction mean???? Does that mean they add $3000 to the base price :eek: because so many people want it and they don't make enough for demand????????????? That is going to suck if they do that because I'm going to want to add some options to the car which will bring the car price up even more..........

1 - 20 of 29 Posts