Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The owner of my Saturn dealership was told today that the 2 SKYs he recieved already are it until September. He was told that it is just so damned backlogged that there is no way we will get the remaining 4 we have imaged before then. MINE IS IN THE MISSING 4!!! I almost cried. What a piss off to deliver 2 of these babies last week only to find that mine is so much further away than I could have ever imagined. He said the situation is very similar across Canada. They made a few for each store for the "Launch" which was complete bullshit by the way as we did NOTHING special for it. The remaining orders will be filled in time, but who knows when?!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But September!!!??? I'll only have a few drives before putting it away for the winter if that is the case!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car was preferenced on April 24th but when I called today there was no change. How long can they stay "Preferenced", once they are in line to be built shouldn't it happend rather quickly?

AHHHHHHHH!!! Curse you GM Canada!!! You have ruined my whole summer.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Yep

Well, I posted a thread 2 weeks ago, when I came back from Canada and said the same thing. Canada is on the back list for this car, we will not get many and yes we have to wait. I spoke to another dealership yesterday in Ontario, they could change the one they had ordered for JUNE for me BUT I would not get it until September.

My relply was that it is very rarely top down weather after September and they said they cant do a thing about it.

I feel we all need to raise a big stink with GM CANADA, this is not acceptable period. Some part of me wants to say forget it but I look at the car again and just want it in my driveway.

Kimberly
ChiliSky

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I don't know what the deal is but it's going to be bad news if i have to wait that long, probably go to something else. Anyway I went to the gm canada web sight,pick Saturn, and build your Sky. After it was built I did a search for inventory. When it came up for my dealership it showed the three vehicles they had in along with seven others that it might have acess to?????? Like I say who knows whats up. Certainly not GM:banghead:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Everyone hang on! I have a news paper contact and I may also have a contact with GM Canada now. I hope to know by the end of the day what's going on. If this is correct (and I fear it is :brentil: ) I'll let you know.

BTW if this is correct, I will be canceling my order today and getting in line for a red line for next spring.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Seems like they haven't learned from the Solstice launch, Maybe by the time the redline shows up they might have it right. Third times the charm EH:banghead:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If this is correct I will go buy a crotch rocket. I totally have my heart set on a new toy and if the car is not gonna be here I'll get a bike.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Can we allow common sence to prevail for a moment here.

There are only 500 SKYs coming to Canada. They can build 6.5 cars/hour. Let's assume 21 working hours/day.

It would only take 3.66 days to build ALL the SKYs allocated for Canada. Why must we wait till September? I am sure the friendly Americans can wait 3 days so that we do not have to wait 4 months

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
C'mon...I'd do it for you!

·
Registered
26 Posts
rick112 said:
Everyone hang on! I have a news paper contact and I may also have a contact with GM Canada now. I hope to know by the end of the day what's going on. If this is correct (and I fear it is :brentil: ) I'll let you know.

BTW if this is correct, I will be canceling my order today and getting in line for a red line for next spring.

Waiting with baited breath (worm on tongue) bottle of tequila close by... :) . I did call my dealer about this and he is checking into it as well. As I have mentioned before this is a long time GM dealership and also had the first Saturn dealership in the area as well. He said he would get back to me tomorrow. I wonder if he finds out that this is true if he will be "allowed" to tell me...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
My dealership says they haven't heard anything like this. I have talked with my reporter friend and she expects that her friend at GM will get back to her by next week. She also doesn't want me to contact him directly so I have no information. Sorry. I'm on the edge of the roof with the rest of you.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rick
Why did you say you fear I was right...have you also heard a rumor...from your reporter friend perhaps???

·
Registered
802 Posts
Pleasa no Cursa GM'a

CdnSkyGuy said:
My car was preferenced on April 24th but when I called today there was no change. How long can they stay "Preferenced", once they are in line to be built shouldn't it happend rather quickly?

AHHHHHHHH!!! Curse you GM Canada!!! You have ruined my whole summer.
Let's see, If I were a salesperson and was getting fed up with constant inquiries and then having to explain away something I know nothing about. I think it would be real easy for me to say "September, yeah that's it". Now at this point the customer may cancel or accept his/her fate. If one cancels that means another one is available for that special customer down at 6,7,8 or 9 (at a slight increase in price however). Now if the car comes in ahead of the September date the salesperson is a big HERO and should be showered with gifts, dinners, wining and dining for sure. Curse GM Canada? I Don' think so...sounds like the regular ol' bs treatment.

rick112 said:
Everyone hang on! I have a news paper contact and I may also have a contact with GM Canada now. I hope to know by the end of the day what's going on. If this is correct (and I fear it is ) I'll let you know. BTW if this is correct, I will be canceling my order today and getting in line for a red line for next spring.
What? a moderator with a defeatist attitude? Stop that! besides your red-line won't be here until Sept 2007

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
But I AM the salesman...I am not blowing smoke up my own arse.

·
Registered
18 Posts
where are you from????

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
802 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
Well...Just take it to the next level (up not down)..Does anyone here believe what the media says? Now lets read this real slow so there is no misunderstanding..OK? Here goes: I believe that you will have your SKY long before September. Appearently that wasn't clear in my original post.. and thank you USMC :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
p.s. Nowhere in this thread do you say you are a salesperson (I can only read words, not minds)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts