Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really new to looking at getting a Sky RL except I'm so far behind in the line I think I'm ahead. :lol:

From what I understand from a dealer here in Vancouver, Canada was allocated a grand total of 500 Sky's for the 2006 model year and will probably get 500 for 2007. That's for the total production of all Sky models. The salesman said they had 5 2006's and might get something like 5 2007's. For what it was worth, I put my name on "the list" at the dealer and am down at around #165. Strangely enough, they have one in the showroom so I can only surmise that it's been purchased and is waiting to be picked up. I see a lot of posts from people who have been waiting since at least mid-2005 so I'm not getting too excited just yet.

On the other hand, I was at another dealer that had just taken delivery of 2 Solstices and although I'm not quite there yet, I got the impression that could have bought either one. I'll just take that as a testament to the popularity of Sky over Solstice.

So my question is: How realistic is it to actually get a chance to even order a Sky RL in the next 12 months? Is there a chance the this quota could be increased? I'd sure hate to wait until 2008 (calendar year, not model year)! Hopefully the "list" at the dealer is full of pretenders, since it didn't cost anything to put your name down.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SkyWalker said:
I'm really new to looking at getting a Sky RL except I'm so far behind in the line I think I'm ahead. :lol:

From what I understand from a dealer here in Vancouver, Canada was allocated a grand total of 500 Sky's for the 2006 model year and will probably get 500 for 2007. That's for the total production of all Sky models. The salesman said they had 5 2006's and might get something like 5 2007's. For what it was worth, I put my name on "the list" at the dealer and am down at around #165. Strangely enough, they have one in the showroom so I can only surmise that it's been purchased and is waiting to be picked up. I see a lot of posts from people who have been waiting since at least mid-2005 so I'm not getting too excited just yet.

On the other hand, I was at another dealer that had just taken delivery of 2 Solstices and although I'm not quite there yet, I got the impression that could have bought either one. I'll just take that as a testament to the popularity of Sky over Solstice.

So my question is: How realistic is it to actually get a chance to even order a Sky RL in the next 12 months? Is there a chance the this quota could be increased? I'd sure hate to wait until 2008 (calendar year, not model year)! Hopefully the "list" at the dealer is full of pretenders, since it didn't cost anything to put your name down.
First of all -- there are NO 2006 SKYs all of them are 2007's
As far as what is happening in Canada - the numbers you mention sound familiar. If you shop and look and push -- you might still get on a list ofr a 2007 R/L.

·
Registered
138 Posts
sorry skywalker. your dealer is full of crap. i hope you didn't give him any of your money. NOOO, 2006's 2007 allotment for canada already sold out. my info is there was only 138 skys for canada for 2007. can't confirm this, but i know it's no where near 500. ordered mar.11-06, still not even an image:mad: how can he make you these promises. go get your money back. do not deal with this dealer:confused:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Buy one off Ebay...We just got a white fully loaded one for about 32 Canadian...even after 1500 shiping that is cheaper than buying new in Canada due to the 5000 premium that GM Canada decided to charge us.

They are all bringing about 28,500 usd on Ebay

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Oh yeah I forgot more BS from Canada...my Sky has been sitting in Windsor for almost 3 weeks now and they said it is not moving because they have to wait for a FULL truck of Sky's before it will leave! Well a full truck of Skys in Canada is unheard of!

Fricking ridiculous!!! So I am trying to pull some strings to be able to fly out there and pick up the damned thing myself and drive it back home...hopefully that will work out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
her sky said:
sorry skywalker. your dealer is full of crap. i hope you didn't give him any of your money. NOOO, 2006's 2007 allotment for canada already sold out. my info is there was only 138 skys for canada for 2007. can't confirm this, but i know it's no where near 500. ordered mar.11-06, still not even an image:mad: how can he make you these promises. go get your money back. do not deal with this dealer:confused:
Thanks for your concern but rest assured, I just walked in off the street and didn't write anything down nor did I question anything that I was told (hence my incorrect statement about non-existent 2006 Skys, shows how much I know). I'm not even at the point to put ANY money down so I'm pretty much as newbie as you can get.:willy: Hearing there is/was only 138 for 2007 is depressing, to say the least. :banghead:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Where are you from?

I put deposit on mine on July 17th, im the #2 on the list. Like i said im not in a hurry to get the car, i have to sell the Cobalt S/C first. But yeah i wish i will get the car for next summer!

Im from Montreal but i will buy the car from a big dealer outside Montreal....

I think sometimes i just get the regular Sky after all im just 23 years old...but after having a supercharged, I still want something that move fast!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I'm pretty sure I also heard that Canada will be getting 500 Sky's a year also. But thats 2007 build year which goes from 6/26/06 to around 6/26/07. From March 2006 to 6/26/06 is Sky's build year for 2006 but 2007 model.

·
Registered
26 Posts
First Sky in b.c.

:) I received my Sky in May,I have put 6,000 km on my car and have not seen another Sky on the road.When I get in my Sky this morning,like all the mornings before,it will be as big a rush as the first day I took delivery.It`s a relief sometimes driving the wifes Vue,just to blend in with the traffic.Stay with your dream it`s worth it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
sky_pilot22 said:
:) I received my Sky in May,I have put 6,000 km on my car and have not seen another Sky on the road.
I haven't seen one on the road yet either; just the one in the showroom and one on the lot (why are they always Silver Pearl?).

Anyway, I went to the dealer yesterday and found my position on the "list". I'm #151 out of about 165+, although they are up to #40 of people who have either purchased/ordered/passed. So I'll just keep checking in at least once a month to see the progression and just wait until I can order exactly the car I want. If if takes until 2008 then so be it. My '96 Sunfire GT :thumbs: has served me well and will continue to do so until then.

Car: Saturn Sky Red Line
Transmission: 5 spd Manual
Colour/Color: Sunburst Yellow
Interior: Ebony/Cashmere
Convertible Top: Ebony
Wheels: Chrome Aluminum
Options: Spoiler, Front License Plate Mount (BC) :jester:
MSRP: $40,555 CAD
Boost to ego: Priceless :cheers:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yeah I think five have been sold in BC but I have yet to see one on the road. I've seen a few Solstice's.
Mine has been shipped, lets hope I get it before the PNE and the rain gets here!!!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Just seen another Sky at the dealership friday. It was black with the red and black interior and chrome wheels:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Car: Saturn Sky Red Line
Transmission: 5 spd Manual
Colour/Color: Sunburst Yellow
Interior: Ebony/Cashmere
Convertible Top: Ebony
Wheels: Chrome Aluminum
Options: Spoiler, Front License Plate Mount (BC) :jester:
MSRP: $40,555 CAD
Boost to ego: Priceless :cheers:
The only interior you can get on yellow is black.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The only interior you can get on yellow is black.
Thanks. I found that out when I made my deposit last week :). Although it doesn't prevent you from choosing the Cashmere in "Build Your Sky". It's too bad, though, because I was thinking it wouldn't get as scorching hot as all black.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just put deposit down on a Redline in Richmond Saturn dealer.

I'm not sure how many ppl are ahead of me in line, but the salesperson called me today and said that a silver Sky in the showroom floor was available if I'm interested..

I told him, "I'm only interested in the Redline" :lol:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just put deposit down on a Redline in Richmond Saturn dealer.

I'm not sure how many ppl are ahead of me in line, but the salesperson called me today and said that a silver Sky in the showroom floor was available if I'm interested..

I told him, "I'm only interested in the Redline" :lol:
Are you my twin? :lol: The #3 in my signature is for Richmond so we're in for a loooonnngg wait, my friend. :banghead: Did you check out Langley as well? I did and felt more comfortable with Lansdowne.

BTW, what colour, options, etc?

·
Registered
150 Posts
....the salesperson called me today and said that a silver Sky in the showroom floor was available if I'm interested.
I've been thinking about this and I'm now wondering why he offered one in the showroom when I was told that the list for a base model is actually longer than the RL list. Furthermore, a search on their website for doesn't find any Sky's although even if it was already sold it should have been listed. (When skybright's white Sky arrived, it showed in the inventory). Maybe I'm reading too much into this?:willy:

I suppose it doesn't matter too much since I, like you, am only interested in a RL. But I'm curious nonetheless. :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you my twin? :lol: The #3 in my signature is for Richmond so we're in for a loooonnngg wait, my friend. :banghead: Did you check out Langley as well? I did and felt more comfortable with Lansdowne.

BTW, what colour, options, etc?
Hey CenterIce,

I haven't checked out the other Saturn dealerships aside from the one in Richmond..

Maybe I should check out the dealerships in Victoria, Langley, Kamloops, and Kelowna! :lol:

Ordered my Redline in black with black cloth interior.. considering putting in my black Recaro SPG bucket seat into the Redline from my old car.. (that's why I went with cloth..)

The rest of the details of my Redline are in my signature..

Here's a picture of my old car..

and yes.. I like turbo! :D

Ricky

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just came across a thread on the forum while I was browsing around..

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8247

"As for Allocation for this calendar year, all 34 dealers in Canada only have 20 allocated total for calendar year 2006.

2007 is a while new game.

Originally Posted by Superman
"Is that 20 SKYs total, or 20 SKY Redlines already allocated for 2006? And do you mean allocated or have deposits for?"

"Only 20 Sky RL's have been allocated to the entire Saturn Canada network of 34 dealers for this calendar year 2006. They are all sold orders!"

looks like we won't be getting our Redlines this year.. :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Just came across a thread on the forum while I was browing around..

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8247

looks like we won't be getting our Redlines this year.. :willy: :willy:
Guys, they car industry goes by Build year and model year. And yes the redline was sold out for the 2006 build year but it was a 2007 model. The 2006 build year was from the start say 2/20/06 to 6/24/06. They were sold out.

But the 2007 build year started 6/26/06 and runs to around 6/26/07. They are still 2007 model Skys. Now the get their allotment for the 2007 build year which isn't sold out. What ever it is I heard it was 1,000 total Skys. So 40 % would be 400 minus the ramp up and late production, Canada will most likely get AROUND 100 Red Lines. This figure is a guess.It could posibly go as high as 150 depending how long the ramp up last.

Not that bad between 34 Dealers. I would think most Canada dealers will see 2 Red Lines at least for 2007 build year.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts