Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked with GM Canada again yesterday and of course my order still hasn't been preferenced. :willy: Not fair since I've had a deposit down since last summer and an order in since Early January.

My dealer says he has 7 orders in and none of them has been preferenced! I guess it's because the Canadian launch hasn't happened yet. It just worries me as my dealer says I'm #1 on his list and none of his cars have had any action yet.

Perhaps the brain trust at Saturn Marketing thinks it's a good idea to keep us all in the dark. Hopefully the cars are being built and we will just get them on the 11th or very shortly after. I know how important it is to keep the Canadian compitition in the dark so that they don't figure out that Saturn is launching a new product here in Canada.

I know, I know. Be patient! It's hard when you have and your dealer has no information. :banghead: :brentil:

All this will be but a memory for me in October as I'm trying to squeeze just one more ride out of my Sky before I put her away for the winter.:eek: :lol:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I am nervous too...mine is also the first one on the way and still unpreferanced. I mean May 11th is only a month away now...how the hell can it not have a TPW???!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Can't wait.......

Do you think that the chances of us all getting them before June 30th is likely knowing that they are not preferenced? Also why now when you call the customer service number they direct you to your dealership, who by the way is pretty much useless! Are they planning some surprise that we all don't know about......

I guess that's just my way of wishful thinking to maintain my sanity! :lol: I sure hope we all get them soon because the weather is really starting to get nice in Ontario & I have seen so many Sol's on the road that need to be shown up with our georgeous beauties!

rick112 said:
I checked with GM Canada again yesterday and of course my order still hasn't been preferenced. :willy: Not fair since I've had a deposit down since last summer and an order in since Early January.

My dealer says he has 7 orders in and none of them has been preferenced! I guess it's because the Canadian launch hasn't happened yet. It just worries me as my dealer says I'm #1 on his list and none of his cars have had any action yet.

Perhaps the brain trust at Saturn Marketing thinks it's a good idea to keep us all in the dark. Hopefully the cars are being built and we will just get them on the 11th or very shortly after. I know how important it is to keep the Canadian compitition in the dark so that they don't figure out that Saturn is launching a new product here in Canada.

I know, I know. Be patient! It's hard when you have and your dealer has no information. :banghead: :brentil:

All this will be but a memory for me in October as I'm trying to squeeze just one more ride out of my Sky before I put her away for the winter.:eek: :lol:

·
Registered
122 Posts
rick112 said:
winter? whats that? I love SoCal :) :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
One of the reasons is

ONE of the reasons that nothing has been ordered in Canada is because Canada has a stipulation about 2007 models going out in 2006 and it has to be past a certain date/time frame. So it looks like May 11th is that time frame and after that 2007's can hit the sales floor.

That comes directly from GM Canada yesterday, while I was trying to find out some information they let me know this little bug in the system. Would have been nice if they just let us know this from day one, but I dont think any of the dealerships really have a clue what is going on either.

Kimberly
ChiliSky----just waiting and hoping it is not winter again when I get my SKY!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
55 Posts
:willy: I called the 1-800 today and they told me that they have my order but.........not ready for production yet and she couldn't not tell me why or when it'll be.I've read on this forum, Irhink it was nigthtripper(he's also canadian)that his car is built and probably sitting in the parking lot waiting for May 11th ! I dout it but I guess everything is possible.........

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
ChiliSky said:
ONE of the reasons that nothing has been ordered in Canada is because Canada has a stipulation about 2007 models going out in 2006 and it has to be past a certain date/time frame. So it looks like May 11th is that time frame and after that 2007's can hit the sales floor.

That comes directly from GM Canada yesterday, while I was trying to find out some information they let me know this little bug in the system. Would have been nice if they just let us know this from day one, but I dont think any of the dealerships really have a clue what is going on either.

Kimberly
ChiliSky----just waiting and hoping it is not winter again when I get my SKY!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
Thanks for your info. I wonder if they have not formally ordered, But pass on the info to GM, to build them and hold them til May 11th. Only a thought.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
well

Well mine has been on order I thought for a long time, but GM said that NO Canuck cars where on the list at the plant, We all have order numbers and that is all that is done so far.

Kimberly
ChiliSky

·
Registered
245 Posts
ACCORDING TO MY DEALER, my car has been built (as of march 20th, actually) and is sitting in the plant parking lot... I live in Penticton, BC, Canada... Dealer is Crowfoot Saturn Saab of Calgary, AB. vin 1g8mb35b57y100849... if anyone could check that vin out for me, that'd be great :D I don't know how to (or if I have access) Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.