Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Friday to order my Sky and the salesman said he could not give me a price until the car arrived. I built mine on Saturn.com and the MSRP showed $24,635.00 but, the salesman said you can't go by that. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
256 Posts
wow.. this sounds shady.

My dealer told me the exact price of my car. He said that they charge $100 destination, add taxes, and add tags.

If I were you, have him put it in writing that they will be selling it to you at MSRP with no extra add-ons that total another $1000 or two.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Bette said:
I called Friday to order my Sky and the salesman said he could not give me a price until the car arrived. I built mine on Saturn.com and the MSRP showed $24,635.00 but, the salesman said you can't go by that. Has anyone else had this problem?
Sounds like they are not planning on selling a car at MSRP... or don't yet know what costly dealer extras they are going to load it up with when it arrives... LoJack... Paint & Upholstry Protection... Window etching... Window Tinting... the list of possibilities is lengthy... and expensive.

Shop around other dealers in your area... even if you have to drive an hour or two... and find one that will commit to selling at MSRP with ONLY the options YOU want.

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
I agree with these guys. When I had my car on order they not only told me how much the car would sell for but also what I would owe after my deposit and Tax, title, and license! Down to the penny.

Yes, you can go by what the "build your Sky" feature tells you as that is MSRP. Sounds like they are setting you up to pay a premium for the car. I don't see why they can't tell you especially if you are special ordering it.

I would go into the dealership, check in hand for the deposit amount, and tell them that you'd like to order your Sky but that you need a final price before you hand over that check. Having that check in your hand let's them know you're serious rather than some yahoo on the phone. If they still won't do it, I'd take my business somewhere else even if it is less convienent.

·
Registered
517 Posts
And I would also insist that my sky not be used as a demo or left on the sales floor for people to sit in and look at.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Chili Pepper

I have mine and at MSRP, Just went to Saturn Site and built my car...same to the $. they don't sound like good members of the Saturn Family..Seal9

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Could be the MSRP is going to go up soon.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Bette said:

The only way they couldn't tell you what the final price will be is if the car you are getting is a 2008 model. The 2008 prices have not been set yet. If it is a 2007, the price is very straight forward. You only have...some 10 or so (max) options you can get and the price list shows the exact prices for all options.

Someone else (in a later post below yours) said they were getting a $100 destination charge from the dealer??? There isn't such a charge from Saturn. Only the destination charge from the actual plant which is a under $600. If your getting charged an extra $100, I would complain.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Since 2008 is a year and a half away, there shouldnt be a problem.

·
Registered
802 Posts
It's simple. They are going to tack on dealer extras when it comes in and they won't release it to you unless you take them. Unless you can act fast and get things in writing you can expect about $5,000 in additional goodies you didn't ask for. It has nothing to do with MSRP, it's just gouging! It's the easiest way for an owner to get the salespeople to get whatever quota over MSRP he has set for them (without ever having to sell anything) p.s. not all dealers do this, just a few shady ones.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
GaryH said:
Could be the MSRP is going to go up soon.
Actually the MSRP will be going up within the next couple of months. They are planning to add Traction Control and a pwoer driver's side seat adjuster. They will be making an adjustment to the MSRP for adding these features

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Kustomkaps said:
Someone else (in a later post below yours) said they were getting a $100 destination charge from the dealer??? There isn't such a charge from Saturn. Only the destination charge from the actual plant which is a under $600.
Not only that, but the Destination Charge is the same whether your dealer is across town from the factory or clear across the country.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'll take a look at the $100 destination charge carefully. If it works out that I have to pay this charge or lose my SKY, I'm paying it. I wouldn't pay anything more than this and the dealership has been excellent.

·
Registered
482 Posts
MrJester said:
I'll take a look at the $100 destination charge carefully. If it works out that I have to pay this charge or lose my SKY, I'm paying it. I wouldn't pay anything more than this and the dealership has been excellent.
The destination charge is $575.00 across the board, you might mean a $100.00 doc fee.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Maverick said:
The destination charge is $575.00 across the board, you might mean a $100.00 doc fee.
I believe the $575 is included in MSRP!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My SKY Price Tag Was Up Front and Straight Forward

When I ordered my SKY in February, dealer in Bellevue, NE, told me the base price, which was the MSRP. I then added the extras that I wanted and put down a $500 nonrefundable deposit. I picked up the car today and wrote them a check for the MSRP, plus the options I ordered, minus the $500 deposit. Looks like the dealers in Bellevue and Omaha play by the Saturn rules. They have for years; this is the fifth Saturn I've bought from them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts