Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! Called the sales manager and asked for my order # & codes. He said "they are not reliable. The computer can tell me I have a car being shipped and it might be here in 4 days or 4 weeks." He looked me up on the computer & said my car is not built yet. Thats it!!?? I placed my order at the dealership April 22nd and now I don't have a clue where I am. Why won't they just tell me my code?? I think not having any idea of where you are is worse than anything!!! :confused: :banghead: :willy: :mad: HELP ME!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
lizzy said:
Help! Called the sales manager and asked for my order # & codes. He said "they are not reliable. The computer can tell me I have a car being shipped and it might be here in 4 days or 4 weeks." He looked me up on the computer & said my car is not built yet. Thats it!!?? I placed my order at the dealership April 22nd and now I don't have a clue where I am. Why won't they just tell me my code?? I think not having any idea of where you are is worse than anything!!! :confused: :banghead: :willy: :mad: HELP ME!!!
My suggestion is to ask him to "humor you" and print an event history for you. He shouldn't make you beg for this information. My G.M. has given me no indication that the Dealer World system and/or codes are unreliable. Tell him that everyone else on this forum is getting them so you want one too!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yep, ask him to humor you. That all of your forum buddies know their codes and put theem in their signatures and you want to join in the fun! If he doesnt go for cute and sweet I would turn on him like a bulldog and let him know who the dang customer is!!!! - sweetly - of course :D

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
lizzy said:
They are reliable, I think you need to talk to the GM again!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Bat those eyelashes and push your cleavage together...whatever gets the job done!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
MyMidnightSky said:
Bat those eyelashes and push your cleavage together...whatever gets the job done!!
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I think the nut behind the computer is not reliable.:lol:
Yes just have him print your history (he may know how to do that, apparently it may be an option on his steam powered computer:D ) for you once a week. Oh and with this new fangled thing called the internet (you'll have to explain that to him:eek: ) he could email that history say -- every Thursday and you would not have to be in his face. :thumbs:
Finally - he is right it may show that the car is built and may or may not show up in 4 - days or 4 - weeks -- but at least up until that time (code 3800) you'd know exactly what was happening. Even then you' know when your baby was on its way.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Even if they aren't reliable, you are the customer and you want the info. Bring him in a big cup o' coffee and ask him to sit his but down at the computer and show you some good old Saturn service!

BTW from what I have seen the codes don't mean a lot. We've seen cars built and then sit for days/weeks before shipping and then... the delivery team seems to take a short cut through China before getting the car to you. In other cases I've heard of cars with no TPW one day and shipping the next.

Grab a cold beer and enjoy the long weekend. The dealer wants to sell you a car. It will come. Don't drive yourself crazy like I have.:eek:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I put my deposit down and ordered 1 month before you. It took 2 1/2 months of being in the dark and not knowing anything. Finally our order was accepted June 8th and I received an order #. 3 weeks later I went back to see my progress and only got "order accepted" from the sales manager. I guess this is what everyone on the forum calls a "Saturn black hole". Your car will appear out of no where. My point is that my dealer told me my car was ordered in Mar. when in fact it was not. I kept being persistant on getting an order # so I could know for sure it was being built. Finally they were able to give me one. Be patient grasshopper. This forum helps prevent you from going :willy:

·
Registered
42 Posts
order number

All I have is a "preliminary order number which is actually all letters. I put down money in march and was tols last week that I should be able to put the order in in august

1 - 10 of 10 Posts