Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i went to work and then drove straight to the saturn dealership for an oil change.I go inside and the service advisor comes in and asks did i know about the dent on my car.I went outside to find the rear quarter panel of my sky with a huge dent..looks like someone fell into it..no scratches just a huge dent...i know this happened at my work as i just washed my car last night...why cant people just come forward if they do something...Sorry just a very depressing day......

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Is it something that can be popped out by dent wizard or something like that?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hate when that happens but it is also a big reason that I got into the collisoin repair business.....................it happens ALL the time.
As long as it's not kinked you may be able to do the old suction cup trick to it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im going to have it looked at on monday...i mean its huge about 10 inches in diamiter....thats why i think someone fell on it...thanks

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have the same feelings as you. It would be a better world and all but don't get disheartend. That's why we have insurance and pay those premiums.
Here's a thought for you to dwell on or toss.
I've had a 1997 GT Mustang for all it's life. I know where every dent ding and scratch is at. I've had 3 fixes done using my insurance claims. Not once did they ever say a word or raise my rate.
10 years from now I'll still be grumpy about folks who ding and dent my car and don't "fess up", and 10 years from now it will still get fixed:)
Don't let someone else ruin a wonderful day of your life!
Imaged 23/06/06
KGKH3X
BUILD WEEK! 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
994 Posts
Soooo sorry. Makes you wonder why Saturn turned away from the dent resistant panels.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dent, CtYankee I was told that they got away from the dent resistent panels because over time and especially in the winter when cold they shattered when they were hit.

·
Registered
105 Posts
nolates

We feel your pain. We just got our daughter a brand new black Mazda 3 for graduation; cute as a bug's ear it is. During week #2 of it being her pride & joy some jackass in a truck (judging from the hgt of the damage) broke out her entire tail light section and ran a crease down the side.

For sure the damage was devastating to her with her first new car, but she still wonders why anyone would do that and not leave a note or take responsbility.

As an ex-cop, I have no answer for her.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Scott/Minneapolis

·
Registered
351 Posts
ctyankee said:
Soooo sorry. Makes you wonder why Saturn turned away from the dent resistant panels.
I have had several people bang on my car just to see if it had the plastic panels. Now I have a very small dent on my drivers side fender/hood.:banghead:

·
Registered
540 Posts
PieintheSky said:
I have had several people bang on my car just to see if it had the plastic panels. Now I have a very small dent on my drivers side fender/hood.:banghead:
Oh my gosh these are all horrible stories! Makes me wonder if we all need to get wind restrictors that read "touch it and die!" Honestly, how stupid can somebody be to whack on your car to see if it will bounce back or not. And to dent somebodys car and not leave a note and contact info is appalling. Hummm, we need to pass a law that anybody caught doing something that silly can be shot immediately (or at least tarred and feathered) :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm with you on that law ineedmorebotox. Actually while I was doing some yardwork on this el-perfecto MN day I was thinking about these posts. My motorcycle got messed with overnight at a hotel in Oacuma SD enroute to Sturgis a few weeks ago and Indian feathers I always have on my bike stolen. My guess is it was a Native who was offended at my having beaded feathers; but still, A.) I'm amazed anyone would mess with another person's vehicle; and, B.) Who's to say I wasn't standing in the shadows with a .45 or ... just one mean SOB? I was more disappointed that someone would do it than the actual theft.

I guess that's the world we live in, eh? Sad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts