1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
804 Posts
The Sky does have a general alarm installed already...when we went to pick up our Sky, we wanted to quietly sit in it while waiting for the Sales guy to finish up with a different customer...opened the door and the "beep, beep, beeps" started up. Of course it completely drew everyones attention to the idiots trying to get in the Sky as everyone in the place stood up or looked over to see who was touching the car. The sales guy jumped up and grabbed the keys to stop the alarm. Then my wife says "OK everyone, the alarms work just fine, please go back to your desks now!"

Anyway, I think the addition to the alarm would work fine, but just remember that the Sky is a new car syle and you won't have to worry too much about it being stolen...who could they actually sell it to, everyone would say "isn't that "insert name" Sky? Not enough of them out there to steal and sell, or steal and chop. The motion sensor would most likely go off all the time as people tend to come up to check out the car all the time. I personally think the alarm would become a hassle.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't thinking of it as a theft deterret, but if it was parked with the top down and someone reached in to mess with something it would sound the alarm.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
GRinLR said:
I wasn't thinking of it as a theft deterret, but if it was parked with the top down and someone reached in to mess with something it would sound the alarm.

When ever im a bit suspect of someone reaching in the car while I leave it parked with the top down I uaully roll the windows up. This would make it very difficult to "get at" anything in the car. And if a person was to reach over the window and they pulled the lock plunger up the alarm sounds, so its a pretty good way to keep the goods safe.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Kustomkaps said:
The Sky does have a general alarm installed already...when we went to pick up our Sky, we wanted to quietly sit in it while waiting for the Sales guy to finish up with a different customer...opened the door and the "beep, beep, beeps" started up. Of course it completely drew everyones attention to the idiots trying to get in the Sky as everyone in the place stood up or looked over to see who was touching the car. The sales guy jumped up and grabbed the keys to stop the alarm. Then my wife says "OK everyone, the alarms work just fine, please go back to your desks now!"

Anyway, I think the addition to the alarm would work fine, but just remember that the Sky is a new car syle and you won't have to worry too much about it being stolen...who could they actually sell it to, everyone would say "isn't that "insert name" Sky? Not enough of them out there to steal and sell, or steal and chop. The motion sensor would most likely go off all the time as people tend to come up to check out the car all the time. I personally think the alarm would become a hassle.
True, I think it may be a pain every time someone nears the car. But then again, some of us had no choice the alarm is added on to the car and the price with a "take it or leave it (the car) attitude by the dealer.. sigh...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I have an interior motion alarm in my Sky

An interior motion alarm was my "mandatory dealer installed option" that I had to purchase to get the car - which was good because it was something that I wanted. It works great.

It's tied to the factory key fob. Lock the doors and you set the alarm. Unlock the doors and the alarm is turned off. It senses interior motion, and then beeps the horn and flashes the lights three times as a warning. If the motion contiunes, then the alarm goes off for real.

I have had two experiences with it doing its job. The first was after I got to work I locked the car, went around to the passenger side and reached in to retrieve my laptop backpack. The alarm went off immediately.

The second experience is when the car was parked in my garage. We let our cats out into the garage to explore... And one of them hopped inside the Sky. Three beeps and cat was out. Cat went in to explore again later, and three beeps and cat was out. So cat is learing "Sky not good bed for nap." This could also be a handy lesson when the car is parked outside, too! Don't want the neighborhood kitties cuddling up in those leather seats on a sunny day, do we?:nono:

I am completely pleased. If you want details, let me know and I can send you the brand and model and everything...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I believe Viper alarms makes a motion sensor (at least they did years ago) I'm thinking of getting one. That one on ebay looks kind of low quality. If your gonna get one, get a good one or you might have false alarms and piss off the neighbors! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts