I am interested in the following:

Vinyl Cleaner/Protectamt
Car wash soap
Car Wax/Sealent
Chrome Wheel cleaner/polish
Leather cleaner/Protector
Top care
Chamois or microtowel?

In the old days I used saddle soap[ for my TR3's leather, still a good choice?:cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Ernest: Nice to see you back. How is your wife doing? Any word?

On the car side, I was wondering if you could post some pictures of the car with the tonneau cover and pictures of the location where they put holes in your car for the snaps please. A pic of the CAI would be nice as well. I just ordered one. What do you think of the car cover?

Nice to see you back. I guess I've lost my chance to catch up with you in posts.:lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rick112 said:
Ernest: Nice to see you back. How is your wife doing? Any word?

On the car side, I was wondering if you could post some pictures of the car with the tonneau cover and pictures of the location where they put holes in your car for the snaps please. A pic of the CAI would be nice as well. I just ordered one. What do you think of the car cover?

Nice to see you back. I guess I've lost my chance to catch up with you in posts.:lol: :cheers:
Hey buddy, will do. SPAG has posted pix of the CAI on another thread for me, check it out. I will shoot pix of the tonneau cover. Only four snaps are visible one on each side of the windshield frame, and one on each side of the back at the corners of the cockpit, one plastic catch that snaps into the defroster slots. The reamining snaps are along the inside of the trunk compartment, not visible.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've always use Meguire's (SP?) Leather cleaner and conditioner (avail at Target and Wal-Mart) and I've always been impressed at how well this product cleans and softens the leather. I use it on the leather in my Suburban and my Avalanche.

·
Registered
57 Posts
....and I know it's been around for a while, but I always use Nu-Finish wax. I've tried other liquids that are newer and I always end up re-waxing with it. I try to stay away from paste wax and water will "bead" on your car for 6 months after waxing with Nu-Finish.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Raggtop products

I've decided to buy this stuff to care for the cloth top. But I would like to know who has got the best price? I've checked a few online retailers, and most seem to be within the same ballpark...but the shipping costs vary greatly. Wolfstein's site is offering free shipping during the month of April, so compared to some of the other retailers that sell it for a few bucks less...you actually come out ahead by ordering direct from Wolfstein's. The price for the fabric care kit at Wolfstein's is $35.95 w/free shipping. Anyone else out there find a better price than this?

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
nscrbug said:
I've decided to buy this stuff to care for the cloth top. But I would like to know who has got the best price? I've checked a few online retailers, and most seem to be within the same ballpark...but the shipping costs vary greatly. Wolfstein's site is offering free shipping during the month of April, so compared to some of the other retailers that sell it for a few bucks less...you actually come out ahead by ordering direct from Wolfstein's. The price for the fabric care kit at Wolfstein's is $35.95 w/free shipping. Anyone else out there find a better price than this?
Nope.:nono:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
TexSon said:
Nope.:nono:
So I take it that you ordered your fabric cleaning kit from Wolfstein's? Did you get the free shipping like their website states?

·
Registered
669 Posts
nscrbug said:
So I take it that you ordered your fabric cleaning kit from Wolfstein's? Did you get the free shipping like their website states?
Man, I just do things too fast...I ordered the stuff last month...no free shipping. Oh well, I never learn.:willy:

·
Registered
14 Posts
some ideas

Car wash soap: RAINX brand, pep boys carries it, it has wax beads mixed in... it's great stuff!
Car Wax/Sealent... even though its like a polish but NUFINISH
Chrome Wheel cleaner/polish: MOTHER'S brand
Leather cleaner/Protector: BLACK MAGIC
Chamois or microtowel? : chamois! and for a washrag pepboys has one the is blue microfiber... works great!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ernest said:
Would like to have your input & recommendations for car care products:

Vinyl Cleaner/Protectamt
Car wash soap
Car Wax/Sealent
Top care
Chamois or microtowel?

In the old days I used saddle soap[ for my TR3's leather, still a good choice?:cheers:
Hey Ernest,

Use a microtowel. Hows your baby doing??? :cheers:

·
Registered
57 Posts
A fantastic product line i tried on my solstice which yielded fantastic results after i used a synthetic clay bar, was the new synthetic "ICE" polish/sealer and finisher from turtle wax. Nice Price too. thanks for the input on different leather cleaners. I had no clue in that area on what was the good stuff to use!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ernest said:
Would like to have your input & recommendations for car care products:

Vinyl Cleaner/Protectamt
Car wash soap
Car Wax/Sealent
Top care
Chamois or microtowel?

In the old days I used saddle soap[ for my TR3's leather, still a good
choice?:cheers:
Hi Ernest
Almost all of the products listed on the threads above and below are good products, but if you are after the very best of the best go with Zaino Brothers.
Check out the pictures on their site.
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc
You end up with that "wet" look.
later

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
eldeeko said:
Hi Ernest
Almost all of the products listed on the threads above and below are good products, but if you are after the very best of the best go with Zaino Brothers.
Check out the pictures on their site.
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc
You end up with that "wet" look.
later
Yeah the pictures they posted look good, but how is it in real life? :confused: I have used all kinds of products over the years and the best I have found is good ole carnauba wax. Takes some elbow grease, but man what a shine!:cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
TexSon said:
Yeah the pictures they posted look good, but how is it in real life? :confused: I have used all kinds of products over the years and the best I have found is good ole carnauba wax. Takes some elbow grease, but man what a shine!:cool:
The only problem with carnauba is that it wears within a month or two in normal conditions, where sealers only have to be applied once or twice a year depending on the conditions. But yes, carnauba looks beautiful once applied, adds the depth look. And as for Zaino brothers, there are otherscomparable out there, (my opinion only) but Zaino, i kind of see as overpriced making you think you need some things that you don't need like their curing additives. But they are good quality products which will do the job. To each their own!:thumbs:

·
Registered
262 Posts
You can see detailed recommendations for cleaning of your top on the Haartz website (www.haartz.com). Just click on "consumer info" and then on "cloth top cleaning". The topping used on the Saturn Sky is Haartz "Stayfast" cloth topping.

To see what some guy did with Zaino to his Solstice, go here.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=215715&postcount=12
Zaino has leather, glass, tire care products also. Anything that I have used worked very well. Zaino did not recommend micro fiber products because the quality was not consistant and you MAY end up with swirls marks.

·
Registered
802 Posts
TexSon said:
sol43621 said:
The only problem with carnauba is that it wears within a month or two in normal conditions, where sealers only have to be applied once or twice a year depending on the conditions. But yes, carnauba looks beautiful once applied, adds the depth look. And as for Zaino brothers, there are otherscomparable out there, (my opinion only) but Zaino, i kind of see as overpriced making you think you need some things that you don't need like their curing additives. But they are good quality products which will do the job. To each their own!:thumbs:
They all require elbow grease, but the sooner you start using it the easier it is to do touch up later on.
I didn't say it was cheap! I have been using the same bottles that I ordered 3 years ago on two cars and still have enough left to do my new baby when she arrives. You do not have to use the additives unless you are in a real hurry to "getter-done". The final touchup only requires a small amount of product to keep it tip-top.
Works for me (Zaino)

·
Registered
57 Posts
dmbdlatc said:
Zaino did not recommend micro fiber products because the quality was not consistant and you ended up with swirls marks.
There is a supporting vendor on the solsticeforum that swears by microfiber. He just makes you aware that there are cheaper variations. Also to never wax/seal using circular motions. I use the microfiber cloths he recommends and after observing the pictures he posts of lambos and ferraris that he details personally, i will continue to use them!:cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts