Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm pretty new to having a quality vehicle I have no clue as to what people in car clubs actually do besides congratulate eachother on a fantastic purchase. So what do car clubs do? Are there any folks involved in a NJ based Sky club?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Hmmmm.... i will start.......... We get together and discuss mods to our cars..... share tips on the cars...... take drives together.... play follow the leader.... duck, duck, goose...... you know... these types of things....... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
380 Posts
Clubs are for Fun!

I am the former president and founder of the CinZroadsters, a BMW Z club. I also am a member of the GCMC Miata club and the Buckeye chapter of the BMWCCA. Generally speaking clubs have monthly meetings with attendance optional. Also there are monthly day trips in convoys over twisty back roads to local places of interest like wineries, historical sites, state parks, covered bridges etc.

Some event are national or regional where other clubs get together over a weekend. The Dragon at Deals Gap in the Smokies is a favorite. The BMW Z plant in Spartanburg SC has a big bash over the Labor Day weekend. Some club have driving schools. Sometimes car clubs decorate their cars for Fourth of July Parades and such. The CinZroadsters have a monthly event called the CinZdiners. Any member will suggest a best kept secret local restaurant (never a chain) for get togethers and socializing. Club members have cookouts and parties at their house or parks. Alway infomation is exchanged on car info.

The best thing about car clubs are the great people you meet and the friends you make. Personally I really enjoy them. When they sell enough Skys in my area I plan to form a Sky club. Carnut says he is interested when he gets his Sky.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Club in CT?

I have had my sky since April and have been trying to start a club in SW CT. Is there a club now or is there potential members in the wings here?
I have a chili pepper red sky and heads turn every day I take her out. My hubby and I fight over who gets custody for the day! LOL

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I have had my sky since April and have been trying to start a club in SW CT. Is there a club now or is there potential members in the wings here?
I have a chili pepper red sky and heads turn every day I take her out. My hubby and I fight over who gets custody for the day! LOL
There is a pretty extensive list of car clubs at this link:
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7363

It only takes two people to form a club.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts