Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With delivery just a little down the road (so to speak) I'm picking up the odd "bits" for the car. 13" stubby is on order and next are a license plate frame and a good car cover. The car will be in the garage but the odd cat prints will somehow appear :brentil: and I also want to have one for other times.

I have had them in the past for our Volvos, but as all of these have been purchased used and came with covers, this will be my first as it were.

So, any car cover advice out there on a car cover? Thanks so much :D and to all those who sent kind worrds on my recent hospital stay THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. I never knew the value of kindness from strangers like I have this past two weeks.......friends, this is truly an amazing group of folks bound in friendship by a common car.....:thumbs:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am using the GM one, it works well. I do not have a garage so use it daily.

YedraSky

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I am using the GM one, it works well. I do not have a garage so use it daily.

YedraSky
I bought the GM one, when I do use, rarely, it seems to be just fine:thumbs: BTW, Glad to see you up and posting again CUINOZ:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ernest for the kind words....it takes more than this to keep us old war horses down eh?........OK, what is the GM cover? YerdaSky, Is this a dealer option?
Also I should have added "floor mats".....frankly does the car come with them? If not the SKY ones look to me to be perfect. I won't EVER have the car out in snow but sand and dirt will surly follow.....hey Ernest, got any other photos of yours??? It will be the same colors as mine and I am trying to "see" as much of the red leather....it seems taht every shot of it has just a bit of a different color.....cheers, about to "hobble" out to read in the sun.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The part number is 19153968 and yes the dealer supplied it.

YedraSky

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Thanks Ernest for the kind words....it takes more than this to keep us old war horses down eh?........OK, what is the GM cover? YerdaSky, Is this a dealer option?
Also I should have added "floor mats".....frankly does the car come with them? If not the SKY ones look to me to be perfect. I won't EVER have the car out in snow but sand and dirt will surly follow.....hey Ernest, got any other photos of yours??? It will be the same colors as mine and I am trying to "see" as much of the red leather....it seems taht every shot of it has just a bit of a different color.....cheers, about to "hobble" out to read in the sun.
I have the GM optional All-weather floor mats and I really like them, they even have the SKY Logo on them. Worth the money I think, around $30.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have the GM optional All-weather floor mats and I really like them, they even have the SKY Logo on them. Worth the money I think, around $30.:thumbs:
yupp me too. there great:thumbs:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You ALL were reading my mind there. Mats, Car Cover are mandatory and the more purchased now the better. I will also get the oil cap cover and I will add a reflash to the ECM so as to get the benifits out of the CAI. Thanks again.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Dash cover?

CUINOZ,
Lets not forget to look for a nice dash cover too. I haven't seen one advertised yet but they do a great job of preserving the dash and preventing cracking and sun damage. Get well, we are all pulling (and pushing!) for you to get on the highway!!:thumbs:
Imaged 23/06/06
KGKH3X
BUILD WEEK! 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
4200 Shipped 8/14/06
AT THE DEALERSHIP 8/30/06
IN MY GARAGE 8/31/06
VIN#8059
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake
Mud Guards? I didn’t order mud guards

·
Registered
388 Posts
CUINOZ, I bought the Kappashere's "Weathershield" car cover. It is about $50 less than the GM one. It fits perfectly. It is very thin, like a parachute, so it rolls up very small (about the size of a football) so it fits well in the trunk. It is also machine washable. I went to autoanything.com and it was alot more money so I went with KS. It does not have the "SKY" emblem on the front like the GM has. It only has a black "front" stamped on it. I got the dealer floormats which are all black and cost me $60. That's Calif. for ya. Mine don't have the Sky emblem on them (I'm bummed). We only had 1 choice.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I have a few of Serenity in my gallery, just off the truck, the red so beautiful I think, next to the SKY itself, the Red Interior gets the most praises, especially the 2 tone Steering wheel, I think "nice touch" is what they generally say.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Would some of you post pictures of the cover. Sounds like the KS cover is the cheaper. What's the difference? I just want to protect the car from a 13 year old and his bicycle, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts