Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when and where there are cruises, get togethers, etc... around Rockford? or where i could find out... I see them every once in a while but am on my way to something so i cant stop.... i would have planned on it... but, didnt know they existed.. UGH..... i am a HUGE chicken.. but would love to be "part" of the get togethers...even just to look at the cool cars.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hi SkyBaby! Hope things are better today for you.
I have been in 4 shows since we last talked. I get a big kick out of them.
Information to find them is scetchy but there.
First Google -- Try Car Shows Illinois or Rockford. That may help. Car Cruises also, always include at least the state.
Here is one as an example:
http://www.hubcapcafe.com/calendar/illinois.htm

There are many and some are more up to date than others.
Once you make one -- you will start getting more info from the others in the shows... Local papers and storefront posters as well...
If Rockford has a summer fest or you see other fests etc -- check for shows.
In general Car Cruises are free - most Shows will require a small entry fee. Not always teh case but a rule of thumb.
You've seen my pictures at these shows -- the SKY often gets overwhelmed with lookers. Be prparred to answer questions alll show long.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Once you go to one, then they drop flyers to all the other ones. I bet everyshow I go to I get 10 - 12 more shows. Pick out the ones that fit your schedule and go.

I have started to make seom pretty go friends, that aren't Sky owners, but own Vette, and muscle cars!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info..... maybe i can get someone to go with me.... i am just a big chicken when it comes to going to something like that..... but, i wanna go and meet new people and have fun showing off my baby...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SkyHi07 said:
Bloomington on 8/12 would be a good place to start!
Yes if you go somewhere where you know some one for your fist show, you will find that they are fun and very car/owner friendly. I was lucky as there is a cruise not more than a mile from my house all summer - every Saturday...:D

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yup and we could get several people together for....

A late August Early Sept. drive somewhere in in southern Mn, Iowa or Wisc.

Anybody else? Sky looney? PLease respond :cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will definitly be there Aug 12..... cant wait.... GOT MY BEADS??? SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
421 Posts
It's on my calendar...

SkyHi07 said:
Bloomington on 8/12 would be a good place to start!
Booked myself a real room (roof and all) for 8/12. No more sleeping in my car. Toes kept cramping.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eye.... call me friday...... .... and.... yea... Chicago .... let us know when you are heading down.... maybe we can do the convoy thing....... SkyBaby-07 I am still sick and probably need to be in hospital... so... i am going to sleep today.... and hopefully will be feeling better by the weekend....... Sorry.. no jokes or nothing today... maybe will check in later....... have a good day all....

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Take care of yourself, or you won't be able to swim in the pool!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yes, yes. Let's roll. I'm itching to go. Want so bad to go on the NEO-PA Run to the River but it's toooo far. All dressed up and no where to go this weekend.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am doing better today....... even canned about 12 quarts of cherry preserves.... did apple jelly and apple butter too...... got lots...... maybe i need to go out tonight and try to remember what big people do.... LOOLLLLOOO.... CANT WAIT FOR THE POOL PARTY..... see ya there...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
76 Posts
Rockford Cruise Nights

Skybaby:

Hope you continue to feel better.

Beef A Roo (World Famous Rockford fast food franchise for the un-initiated) tends to have weekly cruise nights. I've seen them on South Alpine and at Riverside, but I don't know the night that they're scheduled.

There are always a bunch of car shows at the Boone County Fair Grounds and Boots & Bonnets have been having shows at the Poplar Grove Airport.

I'm sure that you can find the schedules on-line.

Unfortunately, Jeep Grand Cherokees don't leave much of an impression so I've stayed away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Car Shows

I also went to a cruise-in that the place across the street from Saturn of Rockford holds every Saturday (if my failing memory serves). I was at the retailer doing an event with our club race car and saw tons of nice street muscle roll in there. The dealership said they have hundreds of people try to get in there every weekend in the Summer.. Anybody in Rockford area help with an exact location?

·
Registered
421 Posts
DSqr said:
Unfortunately, Jeep Grand Cherokees don't leave much of an impression so I've stayed away.
DSqr, by the looks of your autosig, it looks like it won't belong before you have your own Sky to cruise around in.

You should try to join us in Bloomington on 8/12. It would be a great welcoming party.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts