Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would seem that our beloved Sky is getting a lot of coverage lately. Inside line, Car and Driver, Road and Track. Check them out.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=115342
http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/11027/road-test-review-2007-saturn-sky.html
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=3543

I know some of these might have already posted but just in case some of you missed it the first time around. So far the car seems well recieved, still have some of the usual gripes, nothing Kappa Lovers haven't posted and talked about before. Still, over all it's nice to see someone other than us talk nicely about our beloved Kappas.:thumbs:

·
Registered
18,466 Posts
Orange SKY?

if u go to the road and track link, their is a pic of the sky with tan top. Although it is supposed to be red, the Sky appears ORANGE with beige top. Too bad that is not one of the colors offered.

Let's go back to the Pontiac Judge...great ORANGE!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I found it interesting to see how completely different the two reviews were. The Car and Driver was more negative - it didn't point out anything good
while the Road and Track mention both the good and bad, although I completely reject their claim that a "proper sports car" requires an ammeter & water temp gauge. Why in the world they believe that sports car drivers need to see if their alternator is working and what their water temperature is, but other drivers don't need to know these things just boggles the mind. Also absurd it the claim that the Miata is a "practical car" while the Saturn is not. The Saturn may indeed not be particularly practical, but the Miata most certainly is not either. Especially for folks taller than 6 feet or heavier that 180 lbs. The Miata is teeney weenie and any cup holders they may have are unusable by me in the passenger seat. Its seats may be adjustable without opening the door, but that didn't help me any - I had to sit with my legs bent sharply and touching the instrument panel. If the top had been up I would have gotten a stiff neck as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think the R&T article was very well written and brought up some good points. I felt that the Car and Driver article was skewed from the start... there was an instant animosity. If you'll notice, however, their largest complaint was the impracticality of the SKY. Who buys a roadster for practicality? When people ask me why I'm buying that car (since it's impractical... everyone's loved the look), I point out that I'm not married, I have no kids, I'm 23 and fresh out of college with a new job as a software developer... Why not? When will such impracticality make sense again in my life? Yes, the cupholders are in awful places and yes I'm sure I'm going to wish for more storage room at times... but it's a roadster! I want the intimate feel of the cockpit, I want to just have a car that when I drive it, it's all I think about, I want a car that will turn heads, I want to cruise with my girlfriend and visit car shows... Basically, I want a SKY and all the inconveniences it comes with. I guess when it comes to roadsters, you either get them, or you don't. Now if only those Car and Driver editors would go back to road testing Ford 500s I'm sure they'd be a lot happier...

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
GMguy said:
The Car and Driver was more negative - it didn't point out anything good while the Road and Track mention both the good and bad, although I completely reject their claim that a "proper sports car" requires an ammeter & water temp gauge.
How'd they miss the water temp gauge? It's right there in the Driver Information Center.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
ggccg said:
How'd they miss the water temp gauge? It's right there in the Driver Information Center.
It really pays to do a little reading up on a car you are suppose to be writting a review on huh? :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts