Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend there will be a classic car show in Windsor, CA. I was just wondering if anyone in the area would like to go check it out. I know there are only a few sky owners in my area at the moment but I'm hoping some solstice owners might want to show up also.

I am not in the show, just thought it would be fun to meet other sky/sol owners and enjoy the show. The show runs from 6/8-6/11. I'll be going on 6/10 (saturday). I haven't been to this particular show before so I don't know what parking is going to be like but hopefully if anyone wants to go, we can all park together.

anyway, let me know if your interested and we can develop a plan.

link to show -- http://www.peggysuescruise.com/

·
Registered
574 Posts
bummer! we are leaving fri. morn.

USMC.... my wife and I are out here at the windsor worldmark for the last week...and leave tomm. but it would have been cool to meet you at the show. It is our ten year anniversary and my parents came down from oregon to celebrate with us. We just did the serious wine country tour for them (we used to live in the city...burlingame...before Minneapolis) so we knew all the cool stuff to see. I drove them nuts with going over to Saturn of Santa Rosa and looking at the red one on display ( thats where I got worried about the whip antenna). write me back and let me know whats up:cool: ps its getting really hard to wait for this car...plus who is the guy in the silver sky i saw the other night in windsor?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
chris67 said:
USMC.... my wife and I are out here at the windsor worldmark for the last week...and leave tomm. but it would have been cool to meet you at the show. It is our ten year anniversary and my parents came down from oregon to celebrate with us. We just did the serious wine country tour for them (we used to live in the city...burlingame...before Minneapolis) so we knew all the cool stuff to see. I drove them nuts with going over to Saturn of Santa Rosa and looking at the red one on display ( thats where I got worried about the whip antenna). write me back and let me know whats up:cool: ps its getting really hard to wait for this car...plus who is the guy in the silver sky i saw the other night in windsor?

ah man!! you should have told me you were in town! I was at saturn of SR last night getting my oil changed and fender well fixed.

There is only one other silver sky that I know of in Sonoma county. The guy went to saturn of SR and wasn't happy waiting so he went down and bought it at Colma instead. He lives in Petaluma but is not on the forum.

That was most likely him, I haven't ran into him yet but my brothers have seen him driving around. If its another silver sky, then thats news to me.

so far, there are 5 sky's in this area. A blue, red, graphite, silver (2) and I have yet to see one on the road.

If you see a guy driving a silver pearl with a black baseball cap on... honk!!!! thats me

·
Registered
574 Posts
I stopped him at safeway and told him about

my order! I was in a sebring and felt some serious car envy....hey what are you doing tonight? My wife and I have a little free time.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to pick up my wife from the bus stop about 7 or 715 in Rohnert park... but until then.... nuthin ( I should be driving)

·
Registered
165 Posts
usmc said:
This weekend there will be a classic car show in Windsor, CA. I was just wondering if anyone in the area would like to go check it out. I know there are only a few sky owners in my area at the moment but I'm hoping some solstice owners might want to show up also.

I am not in the show, just thought it would be fun to meet other sky/sol owners and enjoy the show. The show runs from 6/8-6/11. I'll be going on 6/10 (saturday). I haven't been to this particular show before so I don't know what parking is going to be like but hopefully if anyone wants to go, we can all park together.

anyway, let me know if your interested and we can develop a plan.

link to show -- http://www.peggysuescruise.com/

Darn! I will be in Yuba City on Saturday. My daughter saw the silver sky just before you got yours. My nail technician said she saw the red one in Lakeport the other day. I've yet to see any of then. By the way, I was at Saturn of SR yesterday getting my oil changed, but I left about 2:45. We must coordinate better next time. Patty:cheers:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chris67 said:
shiloh road
It might be better to meet somewhere in the middle. it'll take me 45 mins to get there in rush hour traffic and probably about the same to get back. If you've been married 10 years, then you know what will happen if my wife has to stand at the bus stop waiting on me... :lol: :lol: :jester:

MOMDRAE-- yes, I heard that I had just missed you. I was there at about 3:30pm... was the red one in lakeport the one that came in the same day as mine?? owned by a doctor.. I won't post his name here but you probably know

·
Registered
574 Posts
ya no problem!

:cool: call me at the worldmark 707-836-2420 room 6206 and we can figure out a place

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Met with Chris67 and his wife at the local sears parking lot. It was good to meet and talk with you guys. Its always fun to put faces to the forum ID's. Have a safe trip back to MN!
:cheers:

·
Registered
574 Posts
RIGHT back at ya.

It was really cool being all way across the country and meeting another sky fan. USMC has a hell of a nice car!.....USMC the next time you are in town for business look us up....maybe by then my sky will be here....either way we'll have a good time showing you the town.:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts