Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the past 5 years have been fun but I have bought a replacement for my Sky.

Attachments

·
Registered
952 Posts
Just my personal preference, the Sky is a much nicer looking car. I'm sure you will enjoy your new toy though.
I wasn't going to say it, but since you put it out there, I can't help but agree. I do like the Corvette, but the Sky is aging beautifully and I still find it to be quite a stunner. Nearly seven years after I bought mine there isn't really anything I could consider replacing it with, at any price.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Isn't the engine on both of those in the wrong place?

Still miss my Corvair... :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Enjoy the Vette, but keep the Sky if you can and put it away for a while.

I sold my Sky after buying a C7 when they came out. After 5 years I sold the C7 and bought my Sky back because I missed it ;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Price drop to $8,000

So far I think I do like driving the Sky better. It feels smaller and more...zippy. I think the Corvette just needs some suspension mods done to it. It has been fun being able to pick which car I want to drive each morning.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congrats on your new whip. I always said if I got another convertible it would be the Corvette Grand Sport, or the 81 Stingray. :)
But I really do enjoy the Sky quite a bit. I saw where someone converted a Sky to all electric.

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
..... I saw where someone converted a Sky to all electric.
Recently? There was a group that was going to do it back in '08 or so, but they didn't get very far. The technology wasn't quite ready, and the Kappa is really not a good platform for electrification.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Recently? There was a group that was going to do it back in '08 or so, but they didn't get very far. The technology wasn't quite ready, and the Kappa is really not a good platform for electrification.
Nothing recent. You're probably referring to the same company. I think they ended up using the technology and process for fleet work trucks or something similar.

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
Nothing recent. You're probably referring to the same company. I think they ended up using the technology and process for fleet work trucks or something similar.
Yes, they were called AMP then, but renamed themselves Workhorse when they switched to trucks. Now they are supposed to be working with UPS and Amazon on drone delivery from electric trucks.
There was also a report last year that they had developed a manned octo-copter and were spinning off that division.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The car is S O L D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts