Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are the features of a SKY titled as a CARBON FLASH unit that makes it unique to other SKY models?

My friend who just bought one will probably make this scene very soon.

It may have been covered before but in searches it must be buried pretty deep in some thousands of posts. I'd like to cut the chase! :willy:

Tried to fix my subject title, but can't seem to change that. Sorry

·
Super Moderator
11,411 Posts
Carbon Flash was a special edition car for...I believe...2008. It had a special metallic flake dark carbon paint, Silver stripes, and a two tone Silver/black seats that looked like the Red/Black or Tan/Black seats (door panels were still black) but with the silver and the silver steering wheel leather too. I THINK those were the main differences. Offered in both 2.4 and Redline models.

This is a picture of a black Sky in similar light (not exact...best I could find) so you can see the difference in the Carbon Flash. It's subtle, but side by side it is noticeable.

Good shot of the paint...

Interior

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Yes, really a neat color. I almost bought a salvage one like it, only a Red Line. I just did not like the interior at all. Did not have that many miles but the interior looked very worn, compared to a standard black it seemed to me. But the Black Metal flake color of it is quite impressive.

·
Registered
17,954 Posts
Yes, really a neat color. I almost bought a salvage one like it, only a Red Line. I just did not like the interior at all. Did not have that many miles but the interior looked very worn, compared to a standard black it seemed to me. But the Black Metal flake color of it is quite impressive.
Exactly! The interior was an ugly gray. Even the steering wheel with the two tone black and gray did not work...Aside from Bluestone...worst color.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all your replies. I hope we see the Carbon Flash owner on this forum soon.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Exactly! The interior was an ugly gray. Even the steering wheel with the two tone black and gray did not work...Aside from Bluestone...worst color.
Mike, that wasn't "ugly gray", it was "Light Titanium" - (according to the ordering guide).

:grin:

·
Super Moderator
6,334 Posts
I like the black metallic but not the stripes or the titanium inserts, which is why my Carbon Flash RL doesn't have stripes and will soon have solid black seats and steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
I have a like new steering wheel John if you need one. Just sold the black seat covers though. Nice looking set of Red and Black, steering wheel and side panels, with shifter.

·
Super Moderator
6,334 Posts
Thanks. I have black seats and wheel already. I am just waiting for the time and motivation to do the swap.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Everyone has a different taste tho!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I always liked the titanium accents on their own. But, they just don’t match the chrome handles, the silver center console, or really anything else. Just too many different types of gray/silver. If they made everything inside match, I think it would look pretty cool, IMO.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Another fun fact, all the carbon flash cars (550) had the black headlights. Regardless if it was a NA or Turbo.
additionally I don’t believe they had the spoiler

·
Registered
890 Posts
I like the black metallic but not the stripes or the titanium inserts, which is why my Carbon Flash RL doesn't have stripes and will soon have solid black seats and steering wheel.
Your taste and my taste are very similar.

Specifically on the Sky, I never cared for any other color interior except for 100% black. The particular mixture of tan or dark red color with mostly black is not to my liking. I would have felt different if the color included the carpet, all of the door panels, the lower half of the dash, the center console, and the area behind the seats. The specific choices for the splash of color is not enough color for my personal taste.

I also never cared for any kind of racing stripes on the body. Not even the lightest of pin striping, and carbon fiber falls into the same category.

I feel all those cosmetics take away from the car, but at the same time most are not done horribly either. Again, this is purely a matter of personal taste. I don't mean to insult anyone here. If every Sky looked the same, this forum would be boring.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts