Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2007 Redline for some reason all of a sudden the center console dual cup holders will not push back in.

Has anyone had this happen and if so what is the fix? Nothing appears to be broken on the outside.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Is it possible it just gummed up from something previously being spilled in it (pop). Perhaps try cleaning it or lubricating it and gently try to work it.
otherwise the waterfall is fairly easy to remove and the unit can be looked at from the back and/or removed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You must be right. This morning I went to check it out again and it worked perfectly. Absolutely nothing changed from the day before other than I drove it for about 4 hours yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
You must be right. This morning I went to check it out again and it worked perfectly. Absolutely nothing changed from the day before other than I drove it for about 4 hours yesterday.
You may want to put some water on it, run it in and out a few times to kind of loosen up anything that may be in there, then squirt a little WD40 on it and run it in and out a dozen or so times again to work it in. I do this to mine whenever mine starts to stick a little.

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
You may want to put some water on it, run it in and out a few times to kind of loosen up anything that may be in there, then squirt a little WD40 on it and run it in and out a dozen or so times again to work it in. I do this to mine whenever mine starts to stick a little.
You might actually be hurting yourself with the WD-40. Plastic parts in applications like this do not need lubricant to slide easily, and the residue thad WD-40 leaves can result in them getting sticky again. The water by itself is probably the best solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts