Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the CG lock for there seatbelts? if so how do you all like them ??

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
From the description on their website, I have absolutely no idea of what this device is supposed to do. As far as "keeping your body's center of gravity firmly planted right where it belongs" I think the seats in the Sky do a pretty good job of that already.

·
Registered
231 Posts
ggccg said:
From the description on their website, I have absolutely no idea of what this device is supposed to do. As far as "keeping your body's center of gravity firmly planted right where it belongs" I think the seats in the Sky do a pretty good job of that already.
Most people that autox or open track without a harness seem to like the CG lock. It keeps you from flying around in the car because it keeps the belt locked tight.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
CG lock

ggccg said:
Normally in a shoulder plus lap belt the belt itself moves freely at the point where you plug and un plug it - which means that if you take a high G turn or brake very hard your body can move about since the belt has slack in it - the purpose of the CG lock is to cause the lower section of the belt that goes across your waist to lock into a single position/length so that no matter what the driving conditions the belt across your lap will not have any slack in it and not allow you entire body to move around keeping you anchor into a single position in the seat better - but it leaves the part of the belt going across your shoulder to remain loose aloowing you to turn and lean and not be restircted when doing things like reaching the glove box etc.

I suspect that for normal every day driving some folks might not even notice the difference - also may depend on where you live - does anyone if some place like San Fran Cisco ever get a second or so of "air time" when driving in a very hilly area - and would you want to use a CG lock to take that sensation away?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Lil GTO said:
does anyone if some place like San Fran Cisco ever get a second or so of "air time" when driving in a very hilly area - and would you want to use a CG lock to take that sensation away?
HEHEHE, I work in SF. I'm usually driving thru the city at about 4:30am as I have to be at work by 5am. Noone on the street but me and the crazies.

I won't go into to much detail but let me say... a '97 saturn SL is meant to have all 4 wheels on the ground at all times!!! :D

maybe with the spoiler I'll have on my sky, I'll get more air time? better put a CB in my sky so I can talk to air traffic control!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts