Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught My Eye

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't have noticed this, If I hadn't shot movie footage of the sky prototype when it came to my home town, but did you all notice that the final sky has leather inserts (with stitching) on the door armrests near the window controls?! This looks SOOOOOOO much better then the prototype! The movie clearly shows that the doors were one smooth panel with piano black inserts only. The photos of the final version on the saturn website clearly show leather stitching on the door near the window controls(which still include piano black inserts). Even the Solstice does not have this(I sat in one yesterday). This is an obvious improvement. When I saw the prototype in person (and constantly watch the video) the panels on the prototype really look cheap and tupperware-like. Note that this is not due to the protype not being equipped with leather interior, because it was. Also, did anyone notice that the Chrome wheels come with different tires then the painted alloys? The saturn site has Eagle 1's on the chrome rims....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
Nemesis said:
Caught My Eye

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't have noticed this, If I hadn't shot movie footage of the sky prototype when it came to my home town, but did you all notice that the final sky has leather inserts (with stitching) on the door armrests near the window controls?! This looks SOOOOOOO much better then the prototype! The movie clearly shows that the doors were one smooth panel with piano black inserts only. The photos of the final version on the saturn website clearly show leather stitching on the door near the window controls(which still include piano black inserts). Even the Solstice does not have this(I sat in one yesterday). This is an obvious improvement. When I saw the prototype in person (and constantly watch the video) the panels on the prototype really look cheap and tupperware-like. Note that this is not due to the protype not being equipped with leather interior, because it was. Also, did anyone notice that the Chrome wheels come with different tires then the painted alloys? The saturn site has Eagle 1's on the chrome rims....
I thought they used eagle 1's on the showcars but that they were going to use RSA's on the production model. I could be wrong.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,302 Posts
Are you sure that it really is leather on the inside of the doors? I spoke to my dealer a while ago and we are convinced that it is a composite material - with stiching stamped into it to make it look more like leather... I hope it is leather, but doubt that they would forget to mention that when they describe the details of the premium trimming.

Lets cross our fingers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
Nemesis said:
...Also, did anyone notice that the Chrome wheels come with different tires then the painted alloys? The saturn site has Eagle 1's on the chrome rims....
I looked on the site - I did not see the picture you were talking about...

I believe the only tires available are RS-A, regardless of the wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Details....

Ok, because the Saturn site is all flash, I cannot paste and copy the info into this thread, but here is where you can find the info. The tires may be an error, that is why I mentioned it here. The stitching on the door is white, so I doubt they would go to that much trouble to paint each stitch white. It may, however, be a synthetic leather look alike with stitching. Here is where to find the thing I was talking about on the Saturn site:

Tires: Go to Sky, then Pricing, then Styling. The painted rims show Goodyear RSA, the Chrome rims show Goodyear Eagle RSA. I'm not tire guy.

Stiching on the door: Go to Sky, then photo gallery. The photo of the door stitching will be the bottom photo next to the engine photo. This photo is a very good photo of the white stitching.


The photos shown from the show look different then the inside of the silver car I filmed. I wish I could put the movie on the web for you guys, but I would need to "finalize" the disc and I would still like to film my buying and obtaining the Sky on the same disc. The doors are one smooth panel with no stitching. I went back and watched the film yesterday. The model I saw, must have been less polished then the others, because the steering wheel control were not cut/formed properly and were poorly fitted in the steering wheel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
Nemesis said:
Ok, because the Saturn site is all flash, I cannot paste and copy the info into this thread, but here is where you can find the info. The tires may be an error, that is why I mentioned it here. The stitching on the door is white, so I doubt they would go to that much trouble to paint each stitch white. It may, however, be a synthetic leather look alike with stitching. Here is where to find the thing I was talking about on the Saturn site:

Tires: Go to Sky, then Pricing, then Styling. The painted rims show Goodyear RSA, the Chrome rims show Goodyear Eagle RSA. I'm not tire guy.

Stiching on the door: Go to Sky, then photo gallery. The photo of the door stitching will be the bottom photo next to the engine photo. This photo is a very good photo of the white stitching.


The photos shown from the show look different then the inside of the silver car I filmed. I wish I could put the movie on the web for you guys, but I would need to "finalize" the disc and I would still like to film my buying and obtaining the Sky on the same disc. The doors are one smooth panel with no stitching. I went back and watched the film yesterday. The model I saw, must have been less polished then the others, because the steering wheel control were not cut/formed properly and were poorly fitted in the steering wheel.
The man's right, but it looks like Saturn left out "Eagle" by accident, as the RS-A is an Eagle.
http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyeartireselector/results_size.jsp?treadwidth=245&aspectratio=45&rimdiameter=18&mrktgrp=Performance&image.x=84&image.y=22
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
soltino said:
What is the first shot of <?>


tino
The first photo is looking down on the leather insert panel of the door.

This is what the Solstice is lacking.

And also I forgot to look at the sun-visors. On the Sol they have a huge yellow sticker that ha been cast in the mold, and i just butt ugly, so I am wondering if the Sky ha the same. If they have something different I will order the ones from the sky. They are $75 a piece.

Actually, that gives me an idea, I could order the door panels from the Sky in black leather and they bolt on. The ones for the Sol are $265 each, but not leather.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
KappaMan said:
I looked on the site - I did not see the picture you were talking about...

I believe the only tires available are RS-A, regardless of the wheels.
Thanks Mr. Lutz
If you want the Eagle-1's take your car in right away and trade your tires in. They will give you a credit of $75-$100 each. That way for $400 you can have what you want. That is what LatinVenom did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where did he take them into? I definitly plan to do this with the redline when I get it. I want the eagles from the pre-production photos. They are hot. The tires that it comes with are too bland, not ugly, but too bland for this incredibly designed roadster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
Nemesis said:
Where did he take them into? I definitly plan to do this with the redline when I get it. I want the eagles from the pre-production photos. They are hot. The tires that it comes with are too bland, not ugly, but too bland for this incredibly designed roadster.
You may be slightly confused about the tires. The Red Line is expected to have the Eagle GS-2 tire, which looks like the corvette tire tread design. (see picture). This obviously looks more aggressive than the RSA.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
SolSky_Designs said:
Thanks Mr. Lutz
If you want the Eagle-1's take your car in right away and trade your tires in. They will give you a credit of $75-$100 each. That way for $400 you can have what you want. That is what LatinVenom did.
Quit calling me that, I'm not lutz...

Yes, LV did that and I believe the tire he used was the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 (different from the GS-2). He said he was very happy with that one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
When the Saturn road tour was here I asked the driver of the truck what was the differences between the prototype and the production models. He said something about the 3rd break light being flush with the rear rather than being depressed... Any ideas if that is true?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KappaMan said:
Quit calling me that, I'm not lutz...

Yes, LV did that and I believe the tire he used was the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 (different from the GS-2). He said he was very happy with that one.
Thanks for the pics and info!
You Da Man Lutz!:thumbs:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
We went through these jokes at the solsticforum too guys, they get kinda old. Lutz himself said he wasn't solsticeman at the Solstice release party where they gave away VIN 0001. We've all had our laughs but I think it's time to put it behind us and move on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
brentil said:
We went through these jokes at the solsticforum too guys, they get kinda old. Lutz himself said he wasn't solsticeman at the Solstice release party where they gave away VIN 0001. We've all had our laughs but I think it's time to put it behind us and move on.
Stick me with a fork..I'm DONE!:D
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top