Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find themselves constantly changing their mind about getting the Solstice vs. Sky? I went to the autoshow last week and was set on the Solstice, then not even 2 days later I changed it back to the Sky. Some pictures of the Solstice look better than the Sky, and some pictures of the Sky look better than the Solstice. They are both beautiful in their own way, which makes it tough for me to decide. I know it is my decision, but can anyone relate to my expiriences? Can anyone offer words of advice?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I agree, I have the same issue too. My problem though is lack of official data from GM for me to base my decision to pre-order or not.

If you're not wanting to pre-order then the best thing to do i was for more official GM info, and eventually go test drive the Solstice. Have someone take your picture in it, see how it feels on you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was planning on pre-ordering it (whatever it is). I would love to be the first one in my area to have one. I love the sharpier, edgier styling of the Sky, but i am worried that will go out of style too fast. Will it? However, I like the cleanliness of the Solstice, but i dont know. Also, is it just me or do the humps (sorry, i dont know the word) behind the seat seem to be bigger/more defined on the Sky?

·
Registered
22 Posts
1) Don't worry if the car will go out of style or not, just worry about whether you like it or not.

2) Wait for more concrete facts about both. Once all the details are known, some of these bits of info, however small, may be enough to push you in the right direction for you.

I'm glad I don't have this problem anyways. Solstice all the way for me! :thumbs

·
Registered
19 Posts
themozztik said:
Does anyone else find themselves constantly changing their mind about getting the Solstice vs. Sky? I went to the autoshow last week and was set on the Solstice, then not even 2 days later I changed it back to the Sky. Some pictures of the Solstice look better than the Sky, and some pictures of the Sky look better than the Solstice. They are both beautiful in their own way, which makes it tough for me to decide. I know it is my decision, but can anyone relate to my expiriences? Can anyone offer words of advice?

They're cheap enough that you can get one of each
:lol :jester

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's funny I thought I was the only one that keeps changing my mind. When I went to the autoshow and saw the solstice I was like this is the car for me. Then my friend took pics of the sky and I still like the solstice better. Now today I got the broschure for the sky and I'm likeing the looks of it too. Also I read that it is going to come out with both Stick shift and an electric 5 speed automatic (something like that I'm thinking it's that Tip tronic thing). The automatic was an option for the car. Now if the solstice does not come out with an automatic before the Sky comes out I will probably just get the Sky. I can't drive stick :crazy

·
Registered
727 Posts
When I first saw the Sky pics I thought I would change my mind, but I have since gravitated back to the Solstice. I still like the Sky, and if there was no Solstice I probably would be waiting for the Sky with the same eager anticipation I have now for the Solstice. I just prefer the smoother styling of the Sol to the Sky's more angular look, but both are great! :thumbs

·
Registered
185 Posts
themozztik said:
Does anyone else find themselves constantly changing their mind about getting the Solstice vs. Sky?
No.

I love the classic flowing lines and curves of the Solstice. I don't care for the modern lines, creases and angularity of the Sky.

Both are distinctive, love-em-or-hate-em designs that are completely different. I for one do not believe the two will compete against each other because they look so different. I could very well be wrong, if most folks are like you and find both designs appealing to the point of indecision. But I think most will gravitate strongly to one or the other.

Choice is good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No, my thoughts about the Solstice have never wavered. While I've yet to see the car in person, I'm certain when I do, it'll only cement my attraction for the car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nope, SOl is still the favorite for me and wifey, something about the sky didn't work for us, to each his/her own as usual :smile

·
Registered
78 Posts
Skyward said:

They're cheap enough that you can get one of each
:lol :jester
:agree
but

Do you have kids in collage, they drained one of the cars out of me aready :banghead

·
Registered
46 Posts
Pammysoltice said:
It's funny I thought I was the only one that keeps changing my mind. Also I read that it is going to come out with both Stick shift and an electric 5 speed automatic (something like that I'm thinking it's that Tip tronic thing). The automatic was an option for the car. Now if the solstice does not come out with an automatic before the Sky comes out I will probably just get the Sky. I can't drive stick :crazy
Driving stick isn't hard - just don't think about it too much. When I got my first car I had two mandatories: 1) it had to be stick 2) it had to be black. you just have a much bigger connection with a car when it's a manual - like YOU'RE taking IT for a drive, not the other way around! :smile

I don't think I'll ever own an automatic car, unless I'm forced to for some reason. i dunno - maybe it's just that I'm young so I don't mind the effort, even in rush hour traffic...I just love it. tiptronics can be fun, but without a clutch it's more just extra work without the extra fun...plus the one's i've driven have been tough to downshift smoothly in.

anyways - stick with it and just practise...be smooth and smart and calm. :cheers FWIW, i'm 99.5% sure that if the Sky comes with an optional automatic, then the Solstice will too.

oh, and nope - no question here - i'm a Sky person through and through! can't WAIT!

kris

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The first year production of the Solstice is supposedly not going to have an automatic transmission, and there's been no information on when it will be. It makes more sense for it to be on the Sky though since it's more upscale, and they want to appeal to more people.

·
Registered
304 Posts
airbalancer said:
:agree
but

Do you have kids in collage, they drained one of the cars out of me aready :banghead
Still working on number three. But seriously, driving down the road can you identify a Saturn anything from 1/4 mile away? Even though the Sky is edgy, if everyone else starts copying it, then the Solstice stands alone :thumbs

·
Registered
109 Posts
Oh man I'm only 3 months away from my 30th birthday and I'm already an old lady, not wanting to learn stick hee hee hee. I just knew the 30's were going to suck hee hee

1 - 15 of 15 Posts